AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/)
-   -   TR: SFD Protection on 2024 Coded A4 B9.5 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/tr-sfd-protection-2024-coded-a4-b9-5-a-3061065/)

Jacky07 09-09-2023 11:13 PM

TR: SFD Protection on 2024 Coded A4 B9.5

Hi

I have been trying to activate some features on my new A4 45 TFSI via OBDEleven.

Apparently my car’s production date coded as 2024 and OBD Eleven detects SFD protection when i’m trying Long Coding & Adaptations. And can not able to unlock it.

I went to a place that has other devices to make sure. The same thing happened on devices other than obdeleven.

400ixl 09-09-2023 11:28 PM

Any of the security codes in https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.kqggx27py8m1 any use?

Z06jerry 09-10-2023 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jacky07 (Post 25845220)
Hi

I have been trying to activate some features on my new A4 45 TFSI via OBDEleven.

Apparently my car’s production date coded as 2024 and OBD Eleven detects SFD protection when i’m trying Long Coding & Adaptations. And can not able to unlock it.

I went to a place that has other devices to make sure. The same thing happened on devices other than obdeleven.

Not happy to read this since I have a '24 on order! :(:(

Jacky07 09-12-2023 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Z06jerry (Post 25845329)
Not happy to read this since I have a '24 on order! :(:(

:(. I have been in contact with OBD Eleven team. They couldnt figure out issue yet. But seems like it is SFD protection. Work in Progress , hope they can solve/unlock it till you get your Car.

Z06jerry 09-12-2023 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jacky07 (Post 25845851)
:(. I have been in contact with OBD Eleven team. They couldnt figure out issue yet. But seems like it is SFD protection. Work in Progress , hope they can solve/unlock it till you get your Car.

@Jacky07 With OBDeleven are you able to access any of the individual modules? If for example you attempt to access the AC module to change the settings for start stop, what happens?

Air Conditioning/Module 08 > Adaptation > A/C comfort param for start/stop function Old value: 5, New value: 0

I also own a 22 A4Allroad and surprised Audi would implement SFD on the current platform.

Jacky07 09-12-2023 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Z06jerry (Post 25845907)
@Jacky07 With OBDeleven are you able to access any of the individual modules? If for example you attempt to access the AC module to change the settings for start stop, what happens?

Air Conditioning/Module 08 > Adaptation > A/C comfort param for start/stop function Old value: 5, New value: 0

I also own a 22 A4Allroad and surprised Audi would implement SFD on the current platform.

For examle i tried;

Multimedia > Adaptations > Function Configuration Audio > Welcome Sound > On , It gets stuck.

Here is the list of working / not working things

Not Working List:
Wireless Car Play
Tailligts Animation
Auto Unlock
MMI Welcome Sound
Audi Sport Startup Screen (MMI Screen)

Working List:
High Beam Assist
Window Auto Drop
Audi Sport Startup Screen (Dashboard)
Adaptive Lane Assist
Auto Parking Brake
Needle Sweep
Speedometer Scale Extend

Z06jerry 09-12-2023 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jacky07 (Post 25845915)
For examle i tried;

Multimedia > Adaptations > Function Configuration Audio > Welcome Sound > On , It gets stuck.

Here is the list of working / not working things

Not Working List:
Wireless Car Play
Tailligts Animation
Auto Unlock
MMI Welcome Sound
Audi Sport Startup Screen (MMI Screen)

Working List:
High Beam Assist
Window Auto Drop
Audi Sport Startup Screen (Dashboard)
Adaptive Lane Assist
Auto Parking Brake
Needle Sweep
Speedometer Scale Extend

@Jacky07 Glad to hear some are working. What trim level is your A4 and what market are you in? Maybe some of your non working items such as Tailligts Animation could be due to hardware limitations? Where I am (Canada) wireless CarPlay, comfort widows and front and rear signal animation are standard on the top model (Technic)

Jacky07 09-12-2023 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Z06jerry (Post 25845923)
@Jacky07 Glad to hear some are working. What trim level is your A4 and what market are you in? Maybe some of your non working items such as Tailligts Animation could be due to hardware limitations? Where I am (Canada) wireless CarPlay, comfort widows and front and rear signal animation are standard on the top model (Technic)

Nah mate. I don’t think it is related to hardware limitation or trim.

It is 45 TFSI Sedan S-Line.

I contacted the dealer and they helped me to contact with someone who bought with exactly same trim and hardware back in May 2023. Exactly same car. He told me that everything that doesnt works for me , just working fine for him.

The only difference is Production Date codes. 2023 vs 2024.

Z06jerry 09-12-2023 11:09 AM

^^^^ what trim level and what market ???

Jacky07 09-12-2023 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Z06jerry (Post 25845927)
^^^^ what trim level and what market ???

I’m from Turkey , Trims are a little bir different here. There are 2 trims available : S-Line and Advanced trims.

S-Line comes with S-Line design pack (exterior & interior design, seats , steering wheel , Sport suspension etc.) Led headlight&taillights , pre sense city , lane departure warnings , Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus , phone box light and Keyless entry.