A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Turned High Beam Assist on my Premium Plus

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Turned High Beam Assist on my Premium Plus

I successfully activated High Beam assist on my Premium plus B9 with no driver assist features, confirming all the camera functions are available on every model.

I did so on OBDEleven via Modules A5 and 09, BUT this function needs to be accessed and turned on in the MMI before it can function. None of the current coding solutions have access to the MMI checkbox that I could find so I took the coding from a Q7 with driver assist in the VCDS thread there and put it into my car (noting my previous coding) and it made the option pop up already checked, it also threw up a lot of fault codes. So I just put my original coding back in and it kept the auto high beam assist on, that is when I made the coding changes and had a chance to test it tonight and it works flawlessly!

I'm assuming that it is like the Active Lane Assist retrofits where it just needs to be turned on once to activate. Here is the coding, note that I had tried the coding before I had entered the Q7 coding and it did not work (and once I reverted back to mine the option was gone from MMI but function still worked).

UPDATED FOR MMI OPTION:

STG 09 - Central Electrics
Coding->high_beam_functions->high-beam assistant

STG A5 - Front Camera Driver Assist ->High-Beam_Assist->Active

STG 09 > mmi_fla_glw_mxb > active

Im really close to enabling Traffic Sign Recognition and then will get Active Lane Assist hopefully!

Last edited by Mitchfin; 10-04-2016 at 06:10 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mitchfin:
jasa004 (08-07-2020), Mike G. (07-22-2021)
Old 10-03-2016, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
I successfully activated High Beam assist on my Premium plus B9 with no driver assist features, confirming all the camera functions are available on every model.

I did so on OBDEleven via Modules A5 and 09, BUT this function needs to be accessed and turned on in the MMI before it can function. None of the current coding solutions have access to the MMI checkbox that I could find so I took the coding from a Q7 with driver assist in the VCDS thread there and put it into my car (noting my previous coding) and it made the option pop up already checked, it also threw up a lot of fault codes. So I just put my original coding back in and it kept the auto high beam assist on, that is when I made the coding changes and had a chance to test it tonight and it works flawlessly!

I'm assuming that it is like the Active Lane Assist retrofits where it just needs to be turned on once to activate. Here is the coding, note that I had tried the coding before I had entered the Q7 coding and it did not work (and once I reverted back to mine the option was gone from MMI but function still worked).

09 - Central Electrics

A5 - Front Camera Driver Assist ->High-Beam_Assist->Active

Im really close to enabling Traffic Sign Recognition and then will get Active Lane Assist hopefully!
Awesome Job!
Old 10-03-2016, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Here are some photos with it off and with it on.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

There are 3 values that need to be changed according to Fernlichtassistent aktivieren ? Audi Coding Wiki to enable FLA (Fernlicht Assistent or High Beam Assist)

STG 09 > high_beam_funktions > head_light_assistant
STG A5 > head_light_mode > head_light_assistant
Old 10-04-2016, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Great information.

How do you navigate to the codes which need to be altered?

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited by Dave W; 10-04-2016 at 03:18 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
09 - Central Electrics

A5 - Front Camera Driver Assist ->High-Beam_Assist->Active

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
There are 3 values that need to be changed according to Fernlichtassistent aktivieren ? Audi Coding Wiki to enable FLA (Fernlicht Assistent or High Beam Assist)

STG 09 > high_beam_funktions > head_light_assistant
STG A5 > head_light_mode > head_light_assistant
So is it the first code or the second code(or both) that need to be changed in order to activate this? Great work though, awesome job at digging at this stuff for the forum!!
Old 10-04-2016, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Great work! I'm not sure I'm going to have the guts to mess with my car's computer, but it sure is tempting.

Aren't our cars missing the radar systems that are required for lane assist?
Old 10-04-2016, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KevinB656
Great work! I'm not sure I'm going to have the guts to mess with my car's computer, but it sure is tempting.

Aren't our cars missing the radar systems that are required for lane assist?
The lane assist is built into the camera behind the rear view mirror. The only thing the radar is for, that non assist cars dont have, is adaptive cruise control.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
The lane assist is built into the camera behind the rear view mirror. The only thing the radar is for, that non assist cars dont have, is adaptive cruise control.
Ah, thanks.

I am a newbie to this and am wondering if there is a material risk of bricking our cars if we mess with stuff. Are you just very careful to note existing codes so you can reenter them if something goes awry?
Old 10-04-2016, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KevinB656
Ah, thanks.

I am a newbie to this and am wondering if there is a material risk of bricking our cars if we mess with stuff. Are you just very careful to note existing codes so you can reenter them if something goes awry?
Ive been coding these cars for several years now. There is a very high risk of bricking the ECU(I did it once and had to have my car towed to service). So I would recommend not doing anything other than basic codes until you get comfortable with how all the stuff works. Or, find someone who knows it well who can assist you.

This new ECU on the A4 is much more technical than the previous generation ECU's, and theres not a whole lot released on them yet on how to dig into the codes. I would just sit back and wait until others have reliably tested and cracked a lot of the codes.

Quick Reply: Turned High Beam Assist on my Premium Plus