A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Turned High Beam Assist on my Premium Plus

Old 10-04-2016, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks. I would not be doing any experimenting, but would be following exactly along with instructions like provided here.

I'm curious what was involved when you bricked the ECU. Do they just flash it back to factory? How much did they charge to bring it back?
Old 10-04-2016, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
There are 3 values that need to be changed according to Fernlichtassistent aktivieren ? Audi Coding Wiki to enable FLA (Fernlicht Assistent or High Beam Assist)

STG 09 > high_beam_funktions > head_light_assistant
STG A5 > head_light_mode > head_light_assistant
STG 09 > mmi_fla_glw_mxb > active
Thank you, the missing link!
Old 10-04-2016, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinB656
Thanks. I would not be doing any experimenting, but would be following exactly along with instructions like you provide here.

I'm curious what was involved when you bricked the ECU. Do they just flash it back to factory? How much did they charge to bring it back?
To be completely honest, and this is how easy it is to mess up the ECU if you arent careful. I had left the VAG running on my laptop without closing it out after I had worked on a B8 S4. I was working for the dealership at the time and before I took delivery of my 13 S6 I started coding it in the parking lot. Because it was still in the programming state of the S4, I was making those changes(which were the same codes but it didnt know I was in an S6) it created faults. Even though I knew which codes I was changing, reverting them back to OEM did nothing to the ECU after I had already set them the first time. As I said, I was working for the dealership so they towed it across the street to the service center. Luckily I was not charged to reprogram the ECU but Im sure it would have been a sweet one if I werent an employee.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
So is it the first code or the second code(or both) that need to be changed in order to activate this? Great work though, awesome job at digging at this stuff for the forum!!
It is all 3, the first two of both of our coding is the same but the final MMI switch is what activates it.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
It is all 3, the first two of both of our coding is the same but the final MMI switch is what activates it.
Rock on, thanks! Ill try this later on and report back.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Rock on, thanks! Ill try this later on and report back.
This is awesome for where I live, where there are a ton of animals! It works well here. AudiA4 had said it's not as affective in straight city driving. Let me know how it goes.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Hyper, you are in NJ, which is not too far from me. Do you sell your services (with appropriate release of liability, of course) by any chance?
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
This is awesome for where I live, where there are a ton of animals! It works well here. AudiA4 had said it's not as affective in straight city driving. Let me know how it goes.
I had this on my previous S6's and I used it in city driving at night all the time. It was extremely accurate in how quickly it would turn off when it saw oncoming headlights or even taillights down the road. Hopefully it will be the same on this car.
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Audi should just give us the ability to use it since it's built in there. It's so stupid that they try and hide it or make it part of a package that has nothing to do with that ability.

If our car can do it why can't we have it?!? I like the read traffic signs and high beam assist but I didn't want to spend $1800 for that.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KevinB656
Hyper, you are in NJ, which is not too far from me. Do you sell your services (with appropriate release of liability, of course) by any chance?
Yeah, Id be happy to help out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turned High Beam Assist on my Premium Plus