A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Update your MMI

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Update your MMI

I got my MMI updated to fix the 360 camera resetting back to default. TSB# 2053028/1

My previous version was 1178. After update it is now 1316.

If you haven't updated it already, I highly suggest you do. This software update made the MMI snappier and it seemed to make my lane assist and traffic sign recognition work better. Previously, my car hardly registered the lanes and most times it was greyed out even though the lane markings were still pretty visible on the road. Now its reading the lanes quicker and more often now.
I also had issues with the traffic sign recognition not reading out the signs (it seemed to display map speeds which were inaccurate for the most part), and now it recognizes signs. There is a particular section I drive daily that reads 30km/hr (when crossing sign is flashing) and it registered it on the vehicle when it didn't before! My maps were not updated too.

Don't know what else the updates fixes but it fixed more than what I asked for lol.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg
I got my MMI updated to fix the 360 camera resetting back to default. TSB# 2053028/1

If you haven't updated it already, I highly suggest you do. This software update made the MMI snappier and it seemed to make my lane assist and traffic sign recognition work better. Previously, my car hardly registered the lanes and most times it was greyed out even though the lane markings were still pretty visible on the road. Now its reading the lanes quicker and more often now.
I also had issues with the traffic sign recognition not reading out the signs (it seemed to display map speeds which were inaccurate for the most part), and now it recognizes signs. There is a particular section I drive daily that reads 30km/hr (when crossing sign is flashing) and it registered it on the vehicle when it didn't before! My maps were not updated too.

Don't know what else the updates fixes but it fixed more than what I asked for lol.
Hi, Did you had subwoofer control prior to update? if not did this update added it?
Old 04-04-2019, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bestcar17
Hi, Did you had subwoofer control prior to update? if not did this update added it?
I had a separate control for subwoofer prior to update already.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I’m taking my A4 in for an oil change here before the end of the month and this is on my list to have them complete while they have it at the dealer.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 161 Likes on 93 Posts

Do you use any vag com or OBDEleven tricks? Curious if it reset all of them or if they are still available after the update?
Old 04-05-2019, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Turboale
Do you use any vag com or OBDEleven tricks? Curious if it reset all of them or if they are still available after the update?
Typically it depends on the module that is being updated if it affects OBD11 changes. Most usually stay stored after the dealer gets through with the car.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default MMI version wiki?

Anyone know of an MMI version wiki? Something that lists current MMI version’s and their fixes?
Old 04-27-2019, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub control

Originally Posted by Bestcar17
I too am keen on getting the sub control back on my '17 with B&O. I have a service appt later this week so hopefully this update fixes it.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxerBoi76
Anyone know of an MMI version wiki? Something that lists current MMI version’s and their fixes?
Not the changes, but the versions are listed at https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...rized-2898830/
Old 04-28-2019, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg
If you haven't updated it already, I highly suggest you do.
What year is your car? I'm bringing my early 2017 A4 in for its annual Audi Care service this week and I'm wondering if they will update my MMI to the latest version? I believe my MMI is version 0443 now. I do not have a subwoofer volume control, but would like to.

Does anybody know of any other fixes, updates or TSBs that I should bring to my dealership's attention?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Update your MMI