A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

What does the new car warranty cover, and what does it exclude?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What does the new car warranty cover, and what does it exclude?

I know it's 4 years/50,000 but what does it cover?

I am trying to find specifics about what's included and what's not, but can't find it anywhere.

Anybody know where I can find this info.?

Thanks all.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure where you can find exact specifics, but it covers manufacturer defects or the premature breaking/malfunction of components. I.e. if your MMI stopped working tomorrow and you're within the 4 years/50,000 miles, it's covered. It DOESN'T cover damage that YOU caused to the car - i.e. if you didn't change your engine oil for 48k miles and the engine explodes, Audi won't cover that.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Xrey, if you are in the USA, you'll find the AoA warranty to be as comprehensive as anyone else's. Was there something specific you are worried about? Modifications you are pondering that will void portions of the warranty, etc?
Old 04-23-2019, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 261 Likes on 200 Posts

It warrants that all of the components of the car will work as designed, as long as propoer maintenance is performed, excluding wear items, for the duration of the warranty.

You can go to https://autoconsumerinfo.com/warranty/audi/ and hit New, and click on the ? of each type to see their interpretation.

But there really aren't many details.
Your Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty lasts for 4 years or 50,000 miles. The Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty covers repairs to correct any vehicle defect related to materials or workmanship occurring during the specified warranty period. The manufacturer will repair or replace the defective part(s) using new or authorized remanufactured parts.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PghRich
It warrants that all of the components of the car will work as designed, as long as propoer maintenance is performed, excluding wear items, for the duration of the warranty.

You can go to https://autoconsumerinfo.com/warranty/audi/ and hit New, and click on the ? of each type to see their interpretation.

But there really aren't many details.
Thanks for that PghRich, that seems like an excellent website. Have you found it to be pretty accurate / reliable.

Do you know if the maintenance MUST be preformed at an Audi dealership to be considered "proper" maintenance. Are there any maintenance that could cause issues with the warranty if DYId.

I wish the details were available for many of these things before a vehicle purchase so the consumer can read them and get informed before the purchase. Pamphlets and booklets and websites get outdated - customer agreements don't.

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Xrey, if you are in the USA, you'll find the AoA warranty to be as comprehensive as anyone else's. Was there something specific you are worried about? Modifications you are pondering that will void portions of the warranty, etc?
Mostly just wanting information. And like I said to PghRich above, also wondering if the maintenance MUST be preformed at an Audi dealership to be considered "proper" maintenance. Are there any maintenance that could cause issues with the warranty if DYId.

Originally Posted by idealdreams
Not sure where you can find exact specifics, but it covers manufacturer defects or the premature breaking/malfunction of components. I.e. if your MMI stopped working tomorrow and you're within the 4 years/50,000 miles, it's covered. It DOESN'T cover damage that YOU caused to the car - i.e. if you didn't change your engine oil for 48k miles and the engine explodes, Audi won't cover that.
Thanks idealdreams. Right - things are covered as long as there was proper maintenance.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 160 Likes on 115 Posts

Maintenance is not required to be done at an Audi Dealership, nor can they make this a requirement. But the maintenance does need to be done according to the schedule and you must keep records if the maintenance is not done at the dealership.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 261 Likes on 200 Posts

Yes, proper maintenance can be done anywhere. And a warranty claim can only be denied if recommended maintenance wasn't followed and could reasonable be a cause the issue. E.g., they can't deny a claim for a failed left rear spring because you didn't change your oil at 10k intervals.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SchwarzS6
Maintenance is not required to be done at an Audi Dealership, nor can they make this a requirement. But the maintenance does need to be done according to the schedule and you must keep records if the maintenance is not done at the dealership.
Originally Posted by PghRich
Yes, proper maintenance can be done anywhere. And a warranty claim can only be denied if recommended maintenance wasn't followed and could reasonable be a cause the issue. E.g., they can't deny a claim for a failed left rear spring because you didn't change your oil at 10k intervals.
Thanks