A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

"What I got or did to my A4" Thread - Post Pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice R8ready, I LOVE CF. I ordered a CF trunk spoiler and a CF front splitter. I’ve already installed the trunk spoiler, and hope to install the front splitter this coming week. I really like the way the CF contrasts against my Glacier White paint. I’m sorry to hear about your negative experience with the CF mirror caps, but I am glad that you shared your experience with them. That will be the next thing I order, now I’ll know where to order from.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone order an eBay rear spoiler oem looking??? Or from another place?

if so please post pics
Old 10-01-2018, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by R8ready
Anyone order an eBay rear spoiler oem looking??? Or from another place?

if so please post pics

Old 10-01-2018, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by steven7270

Is that exactly like oem? Do you remember who you bought that off?
Old 10-01-2018, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Finally got them!
Carbon quality is the same as ECS and the clips are much better then ECS. Best part comes with orange trim remover to help with removing the mirror. Keep it for interior stuff.

Shipping was crazy fast.

Super impressed. Just need to install them to see the fit.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by R8ready
Is that exactly like oem? Do you remember who you bought that off?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibe...QAAOSwbShbNFv9

i purchased off ebay, its not identical to the OEM as the OEM had more sharp angels this is more of a rounded style but in my personal opinion its more my style and a fraction of the OEM price
Old 10-01-2018, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

this stuff is unbelievable! The clarity while raining is nuts!

Water just falls right off. Easy to apply and last for 6 months. Just did all my windows and I'm ready for this Canadian fall/winter season.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

R8ready: Does the Aquapel leave a smear of very small rain droplets after the passage of the windshield wiper? Years ago on my Audi A4 B8 I applied Rain-X. Rain-X was a water repellent but it left lots of tiny droplets across the windshield and it was difficult to view the road especially at night. Does Aquapel give you a smeary appearance at night especially when seeing oncoming headlamps? Thanks.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Prof
R8ready: Does the Aquapel leave a smear of very small rain droplets after the passage of the windshield wiper? Years ago on my Audi A4 B8 I applied Rain-X. Rain-X was a water repellent but it left lots of tiny droplets across the windshield and it was difficult to view the road especially at night. Does Aquapel give you a smeary appearance at night especially when seeing oncoming headlamps? Thanks.
ive only had it on the windshield for 2 days. its been raining here but not full on rain. more of slight spitting. i haven't noticed zero droplets or smearing. its pretty incredible how the water just falls right off. when parked i come back and wipe my windshield and all the water just drops. i heard horrible stuff about rainx reason why i didnt get it. I saw this at a windshield repair shop and the guys there told me that aquapel is night and day from rainx and HOLY were they right. Aquapel is like a bonding clear coat for your windshield hence no droplets or anything.

you can youtube aquapel vs rainx and im sure there are a ton of videos to make your own assessment. for me its been great so far.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

With winter approaching, I decided to polish and coat my wheels to provide added protection against salt. Since these are not the easiest to keep clean and shiny, hoping cquartz can help here. Must say that the rims look better than when I bought the car (had 4K miles at that time).

Break dust is ridiculous!

Shiny

Quick Reply: "What I got or did to my A4" Thread - Post Pictures!