A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

"What I got or did to my A4" Thread - Post Pictures!

Old 12-23-2018, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vkamnyev

Nice! What are these wheels?
Just an OEM replica set I found on Ebay shipped for $400. just needed something cheap that looked nice for the winter. Very pleased with how they turned out.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by R8ready

this stuff is unbelievable! The clarity while raining is nuts!

Water just falls right off. Easy to apply and last for 6 months. Just did all my windows and I'm ready for this Canadian fall/winter season.
l have done it to my windows and can’t wait for it to wear off. It makes the wipers skip. Also sometimes depending on the angle of the sun, it makes the windshield look foggy. In my B8 manual, Audi recommends against it...
Old 12-25-2018, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak

l have done it to my windows and can’t wait for it to wear off. It makes the wipers skip. Also sometimes depending on the angle of the sun, it makes the windshield look foggy. In my B8 manual, Audi recommends against it...
It can take years before the coating is completely worn off. The skipping may resolve earlier, but the foggy/haziness will remain for a long time. Best option is to polish the coating off with a dual action polisher tool. A light polish will be sufficient, no need to use glass specific compounds.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak

did you install it yourself??? If so did you purchase it off eBay??? Because I installed it myself and purchased from an authorized dealer and it's PERFECT. ITS so clear it looks like I don't even have a windshield lol

There are fakes out there so that could be one theory. Another is you or whoever installed it did it wrong. Probably let it sit to long.

Wipers skipping?? Could be time to replace them. I know if my car is out in the rain for long the rain washes off any lubricant that is on the windshield so 1 blast of washer fluid does the trick but that is with every car not just cars with aquapel. Also wiper could be flipped just need to lift it and put it down.

The coating last for years?????? Lol where did you read that? The product itself last about 6 months so not sure where you get it lasts for years.

If you purchase the authentic aquapel. Follow the instruction. This stuff is amazing. Took 2 sticks to complete all windows. Stick one was focused on the windows. Then whatever was left used for the front sided. 2nd stick was for rear and rear side windows

Highly recommend.

Last edited by R8ready; 12-26-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

What kind of cellphone holders are you guys using?
Old 03-17-2019, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ProClip, have used them on a few cars over the years.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by exmeaguy
ProClip, have used them on a few cars over the years.
have a pic of your set up?

Edit: I see this one which is really neat https://www.proclipusa.com/product/8...-console-mount Is this the one you got? How does the phone stay on the mount? Looks like I'll need a custom case?

Last edited by JDA_yeg; 03-17-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg
What kind of cellphone holders are you guys using?
koomus CD-Air CD Slot mount
Old 03-29-2019, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg
have a pic of your set up?

Edit: I see this one which is really neat https://www.proclipusa.com/product/8...-console-mount Is this the one you got? How does the phone stay on the mount? Looks like I'll need a custom case?
That is what I have. You have to buy the mount and the holder for your phone (~$35). The site steps you through the process. Very easy. Also, if they do not have a discount, do an Internet search to find one.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LaZyB0ne
Blacked out my front rings
What did you use to black them out? How are they holding up with road grime/washing? I'm interested to do this to mine as well instead of spending over $100 to order some.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "What I got or did to my A4" Thread - Post Pictures!