A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

"What I got or did to my A4" Thread - Post Pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by browns_d02
I have the same sunshade for my 2017 A4 and 2018 SQ5. In both vehicles it leaves a hazy, oily film on the windshield that will smear when you try to clean it off ... especially on hot days. I’ve tried everything to stop the sunshade from emitting the hazy film ... even leaving it on the porch during hot sunny days for hours, but I can’t get it to go away. It must be dissipating throughout the vehicle, but I only notice it on the windshield. No odor, but imagine it can’t be good for anyone’s health.

If I don’t use the sunshade, the windshield remains clean. Please let me know if you experience the same issue.
Exact same experience here. I quit using it and bought one from Covercraft, which works great. Also, it fits in the storage bag for the Audi sunshade.

As a side note, I found that McKees 37 Krystal glass cleaner worked the best at getting rid of that residue.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same sunshade for my 2017 A4 and 2018 SQ5. In both vehicles it leaves a hazy, oily film on the windshield that will smear when you try to clean it off ... especially on hot days. I’ve tried everything to stop the sunshade from emitting the hazy film ... even leaving it on the porch during hot sunny days for hours, but I can’t get it to go away. It must be dissipating throughout the vehicle, but I only notice it on the windshield. No odor, but imagine it can’t be good for anyone’s health.

If I don’t use the sunshade, the windshield remains clean. Please let me know if you experience the same issue.
I also have the hazy film problem which hasn't quite gone away (admittedly I don't really use it anymore because of this). I tried repeatedly washing it with soap and water, tried sunbathing it, I even tried passing a heat gun over it in the hopes that anything that would dissipate would do so then. No luck. Has anyone with this issue found a satisfactory solution?
Old 06-10-2019, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Just a couple days after upgrading to Stage II, I somehow had an accident 😭

ECS Tuning gets major props for working with me to find a way to replace one side ❤️
Old 06-11-2019, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by misanorotrs4

ECS Tuning gets major props for working with me to find a way to replace one side ❤️
Ouch- too much power I like the CF - did you replace it all around including the side skirts? I saw those on ECS and debating whether they’ll look good - no other CF pieces on the car.ECS dudes are a good bunch - they should be able to get you sorted out
Old 06-11-2019, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by misanorotrs4

Thats really not so bad - could have been worse!
Old 06-11-2019, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I had that same problem with the oem sunshade on my B9 A4. The off gassing caused so much hazing on the windshield I stopped using it. I now have an S6 and bought a Covercraft sunshade. Very nice quality, perfect fit and no hazing.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by vkamnyev
Ouch- too much power I like the CF - did you replace it all around including the side skirts? I saw those on ECS and debating whether they’ll look good - no other CF pieces on the car.ECS dudes are a good bunch - they should be able to get you sorted out
Everything but side skirts and their CF lip spoiler, and ECS came through bigtime, figured out a way to make it work for me. Love their service!
Old 06-17-2019, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Dynamic+ coil spring sleeves, street density transmission mount, and rear differential mount inserts got installed today.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Busy Guy.. 😃
Originally Posted by LaZyB0ne

Dynamic+ coil spring sleeves, street density transmission mount, and rear differential mount inserts got installed today.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by up-n-coming
I had that same problem with the oem sunshade on my B9 A4. The off gassing caused so much hazing on the windshield I stopped using it. I now have an S6 and bought a Covercraft sunshade. Very nice quality, perfect fit and no hazing.
I bought mine a couple of years ago - never used it though. And hearing about the hazing won't ever use it. Too bad this was this a waste of money!

Quick Reply: "What I got or did to my A4" Thread - Post Pictures!