A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by ribeye
My dealer will pick up your car, leave you a loaner and then drop your car back off for free. This is my first Audi so I assumed that all Audi dealers did this. I guess not.
Most dealerships will do that depending on the part of the country youre in. If there are a lot of luxury brands in the area and one of them starts offering to bring you a loaner, they all start doing that. Its pretty much par for course at every Audi dealership here in NJ.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave W

I’d be interested in knowing this too. At my 20K, my car required an alignment and my dealer did not cover it under AudiCare.
I just had my 20K done at 16K and my alignment was not picked up by Audicare. I instead had to have that charged to the AutoNation service plan i got that covers a bunch of stuff Audicare doesn't.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

My dealer will pick up your car, leave you a loaner and then drop your car back off for free. This is my first Audi so I assumed that all Audi dealers did this. I guess not.
I think it depends on the population density in the area the dealer is located. My nearest dealer is 68 miles from my home in aa area with tons of traffic and maximum 55 mph speed limits. They do not offer pick-up/drop-off, but do always give a loaner once I get there. I have a friend whose dealer is 120 miles away. It would be unreasonable to expect any dealer to proviode pick-up/drop off service for such distances. If my dealer offered pick-up and drop-off for me that means they would send a car and 2 drivers of their own to me who would spend about almost the full day coming over to get my car (1 1/2 hours), then going back to the dealership (1 1/2 hours) and then the reverse - a total of 6 hours minimum.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Driver
Are you saying that you got the alignment at no charge as part of Audi Care?
No, I requested and paid for the wheel alignment. It’s not covered by AudiCare.
Also, brake pads and rotors are considered “wear” items and not covered either. But brake fluid changes are covered...
Old 02-07-2019, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 305 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I think it depends on the population density in the area the dealer is located. My nearest dealer is 68 miles from my home in aa area with tons of traffic and maximum 55 mph speed limits. They do not offer pick-up/drop-off, but do always give a loaner once I get there. I have a friend whose dealer is 120 miles away. It would be unreasonable to expect any dealer to proviode pick-up/drop off service for such distances. If my dealer offered pick-up and drop-off for me that means they would send a car and 2 drivers of their own to me who would spend about almost the full day coming over to get my car (1 1/2 hours), then going back to the dealership (1 1/2 hours) and then the reverse - a total of 6 hours minimum.
My dealer is 45 minutes away. They send out one guy with a loaner they drop off so it only takes one person. I live between two dealerships and the one on the other side of me does not do this.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

My dealer is 45 minutes away. They send out one guy with a loaner they drop off so it only takes one person. I live between two dealerships and the one on the other side of me does not do this.
Interesting. It still means the dealer pays the driver for like 3 hours of labor to do this. I guess yo have to arrange to meet at an exact place/time when the driver return your car. Nice perk! I would probably still drive over to make sure they do what they're supposed to, but I am tired with lots of time. It sounds like a good thing for working folks.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Interesting. It still means the dealer pays the driver for like 3 hours of labor to do this. I guess yo have to arrange to meet at an exact place/time when the driver return your car. Nice perk! I would probably still drive over to make sure they do what they're supposed to, but I am tired with lots of time. It sounds like a good thing for working folks.
Most of the dealers will pick up your car while you're at work too. Either they meet you outside or you can leave your key on the inside of the tire or something.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 305 Likes on 231 Posts

They come right to your house and get their car. I some questions about the MMI System about 4 months after I got the car. Their "Genius" came out to my house and spend a few hours with me going over everything, He even installed the new maps I downloaded.
He has a nice Job. They give him a different car every week so he can keep up on all the different models and options. He told me that they have 45 loaner cars. seems like a lot to me, but what do I know.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LaZyB0ne

How much did you purchase all this for?
I had a unique situation. I didn’t buy AudiCare when I purchased the car and never intend to. The first service was free of course, and I when brought my A4 to the dealer for the 20K service I fully expected to pay the whole tab.

LSS, I pick up the car and pay the invoice and I was surprised how inexpensive it was, especially since it needed an alignment and a couple other things. The next day I got a call from the service rep telling me they had made a billing error in that they assumed I had AudiCare and billed me that way, so the only things I paid for were the “extras”.

They offered me AudiCare at a greatly reduced price from the suggested retail price. As I recall the cost was less than a couple hundred more than I was already out of pocket and it would cover the 30, 40 and 50K services so I went for it. They then used the AudiCare to cover the unbilled 20K service items.

My plans have changed a little and I will keep my B9 a couple more years for sure so it should work out. When I bought it I only planed to keep it a couple years.

Last edited by Dave W; 02-07-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
You can however opt for Audicare plus which would cover those later intervals. Im fairly certain they didnt replace my dust/pollen filter at 20k. Im going to have to check on that.
I could do that, but then I would be enabling Audi's penchant for creating maintenance schedules that are mostly intended to minimize their costs under Audicare and give the illusion that the cars are very low maintenance. I can perform the greater than 50k services myself or take it to a competent indy garage that I use to service my B8, but it is still disconcerting that Audi has increased the price of Audicare and moved several maintenance items beyond 50k miles.

Last edited by JD15; 02-08-2019 at 05:28 AM.

Quick Reply: What would you do?