A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts
Default What would you do?

Im about to hit 30k and am trying to schedule my service appointment at my local dealership. When I found out all the stuff that is done at the 30k, I really dont need it. The only important thing is the oil change. I dont need my tires checked(brand new). I dont need my wiper blades or fluid checked(Never used). And I can check my brakes on my own.

I have Audicare but debating if its worth wasting the time to go to the dealership and just wait for an oil change when I can do it myself at home in half the time but at a cost.

So, what would you do?
Old 02-05-2019, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Since you have Audicare Hyper I’d just go get the service. Bring your lappy and surf the web, drink a lot of free coffee, maybe they will have an R8 in the showroom and you can check it out 😊

Last edited by Dave W; 02-05-2019 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Dave W
Since you have Audicare Hyper I’d just bite the bullet and go get the service. Bring your lappy and surf the web, drink a lot of free coffee, maybe they will have an R8 in the showroom and you can check it out 😊
Not to kill the excitement, but I used to work at this dealership(and another Audi dealership) and I sold(and drove) quite a few R8's. The thrill is gone lol. That being said, I cant find anywhere in the manual how many quarts of oil this car takes.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Not to kill the excitement, but I used to work at this dealership(and another Audi dealership) and I sold(and drove) quite a few R8's. The thrill is gone lol. That being said, I cant find anywhere in the manual how many quarts of oil this car takes.
Cool. Wish I could get a chance to drive one. Can see why you don't want to sit in a dealership.

If memory serves the oil capacity is 5.5 quarts.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave W
Since you have Audicare Hyper I’d just go get the service. Bring your lappy and surf the web, drink a lot of free coffee, maybe they will have an R8 in the showroom and you can check it out 😊
This. Plus, my experience has been that Audi dealerships tend to be teeming with hot MILFs.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KevinB656
This. Plus, my experience has been that Audi dealerships tend to be teeming with hot MILFs.
Im more of a "go for the receptionist" kind of guy....but yeah, Its good to get out of the garage once in a while. I guess you sold me.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Im more of a "go for the receptionist" kind of guy....but yeah, Its good to get out of the garage once in a while. I guess you sold me.
I was referring to the clientele.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KevinB656
I was referring to the clientele.
Oh, I knew what you were talking about. MILF's have kids though lol.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

If you don't use the AudiCare at the 30k service what is going to happen with the pre paid service?

Will it transfer forward to the next big scheduled maintenance?
Old 02-05-2019, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by LaZyB0ne
If you don't use the AudiCare at the 30k service what is going to happen with the pre paid service?

Will it transfer forward to the next big scheduled maintenance?
I doubt it. They will just do whatever the 40k schedule calls for.

One potentially significant benefit of having the dealership do the service (other than the MILFs, of course) is that it provides an unimpeachable record of having had the service done. If one does the service himself and there is some sort of a problem down the road the dealership always has the argument that the service was not properly done in accordance with the schedule. Why give them that if the service has already been paid for?

Quick Reply: What would you do?