A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

What are your favorite Drive Select Settings....

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are your favorite Drive Select Settings....

I know, it's subjective, but I am curious to see how most folks have their drive select setup......

I know it might take some time for me to dial mine in, but I am also wondering if I need to wait for the burn in period to be over to really determine what settings I would like.

Did everyone wait to push their car and decide their favorite setting until after they hit 1,000 miles or did some of you just do it from the get go.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

As boring as it may sound, "Auto" seems to work well for me. It gives me comfort in general, but tightens things up when necessary.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I keep mine in Dynamic just about all the time. Even when it was brand new; I just was sure not to have the engine rev too high. A little more fun on the right type of road, I place it in S.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ajbutler13
As boring as it may sound, "Auto" seems to work well for me. It gives me comfort in general, but tightens things up when necessary.
Have you ever dropped it into S while on Auto....if so, was there a huge noticable difference.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Nuttz4Sports
Have you ever dropped it into S while on Auto....if so, was there a huge noticable difference.
There was a noticeable difference going from Dynamic to Sport.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bob m
I keep mine in Dynamic just about all the time. Even when it was brand new; I just was sure not to have the engine rev too high. A little more fun on the right type of road, I place it in S.
I'm thinking of leaving it in auto until I reach my break in period, but I want badly to get on an open highway, open all of the windows and sunroof, and get some great tunes going on the B&O and just driving the heck out of the car.

Speed limit on some of the highways in Texas is 80 and the cops don't tend to stop those that are going over it, but under 88........Just wondering if going 80 miles an hours on a new car for hours before it is broken in will be wise......but it sure would be fun to ride those long miles in dynamic and S
Old 06-17-2017, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm thinking of leaving it in auto until I reach my break in period, but I want badly to get on an open highway, open all of the windows and sunroof, and get some great tunes going on the B&O and just driving the heck out of the car.

Speed limit on some of the highways in Texas is 80 and the cops don't tend to stop those that are going over it, but under 88........Just wondering if going 80 miles an hours on a new car for hours before it is broken in will be wise......but it sure would be fun to ride those long miles in dynamic and S
I could be wrong, but I would not drive it at 80 for an extended period of time, though for short period as I had done with mine should not be an issue. But you need not drive it like an old man either, varying the speed is good for the breakin period. Hopefully someone with more technical knowledge will offer a more definitive answer.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
I could be wrong, but I would not drive it at 80 for an extended period of time
As best I recall 80mph in my 2017 Allroad is about 1800rpm.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The conditions for a proper engine break-in are as follows (check your car's owners manual for proper engine break-in instructions):
1. Do not go over 2/3 of the REV range
2. Vary your revs once in a while. Do not linger on a rev range like driving in cruise control for long periods.

I doubt if you will go over 2/3 of the rev range when doing 80mph on the highway. Just vary the revs regularly while you drive on the highway.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Individual here: Comfort Suspension and steering around town (road conditions) and dynamic for those items on the highway; Auto for the others at all times.

Quick Reply: What are your favorite Drive Select Settings....