A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

What's your favorite OBD Eleven change?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried the easy entry app off the OBD11 apps for purchase. Did not work at all. Shows up in the MMI and it is checked but the drivers seat does nothing. Contacted OBD11 and gave me a refund on the credits used to purchase the application. Does anyone know the hard coding so I can try it again or does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks
Old 06-18-2018, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by securityguy
I tried the easy entry app off the OBD11 apps for purchase. Did not work at all. Shows up in the MMI and it is checked but the drivers seat does nothing. Contacted OBD11 and gave me a refund on the credits used to purchase the application. Does anyone know the hard coding so I can try it again or does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks
This does not work on US cars through OBD11. I will try flashing ROW firmware to the driver's seat module through VCP to see if that will allow it.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by securityguy

Thanks
worked fine for me off the obd eleven app. It only moves the seat back a couple of inches. First off, I had to let it sit for a day before it took hold. Then it didn’t seem to work,so I realized that I already had my seat almost all the way back, so I moved it forward a couple inches and it started working. It moves th seat back a couple inches when you open the door to get out and then after you get back in and sit down, it,moves the seat forward again.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MRA5SB
I have disabled the auto-unlock in Park but I didn't do it through the app in OBD11, its a setting in one of the modules. My mirrors still fold like normal when locked. I have heard that that enabling the "lock while engine is running" setting does screw up the mirror folding behavior, but I haven't done that mod personally.
I can confirm, at least on my car, that disabling the auto unlock in park with the app took away the mmi option under central locking to fold the mirrors. The option returned after I returned the setting to auto unlock to on. I manually disabled the auto unlock setting thru coding. Now it stays locked when I engage park and the mirrors fold.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi everyone, I just joined the forum but I have been reading threads here often. I have a 2017 Audi A4 B9 S-Line Quattro. I just got my OBDEleven Pro. I have used a few apps, these are,

Needle Sweep (worked but it comes on occasionally, not every time I started the car)
Lap time (worked)
Video in Motion (worked)
MMI Startup Screen (worked but when does it show up?)
Gear Display (worked)
Easy Entry (didn't work!)
Multicolor Presentation Mode (didn't work)
Side Marker Lights (worked)
DRL function with Turn Signal (didn't really work)
Old 06-21-2018, 03:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Shih
Hi everyone, I just joined the forum but I have been reading threads here often. I have a 2017 Audi A4 B9 S-Line Quattro. I just got my OBDEleven Pro. I have used a few apps, these are,

Needle Sweep (worked but it comes on occasionally, not every time I started the car)
Lap time (worked)
Video in Motion (worked)
MMI Startup Screen (worked but when does it show up?)
Gear Display (worked)
Easy Entry (didn't work!)
Multicolor Presentation Mode (didn't work)
Side Marker Lights (worked)
DRL function with Turn Signal (didn't really work)
Needle sweep should be very consistent and not intermittent
My Easy Entry doesn't work either
Multi-Color only works on a Prestige...not a PP model
Old 06-22-2018, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

A question for those have enabled Lane Assist with OBD11: Is there any way to turn it completely off, short of going back into OBD and disabling it? Best I can tell, the MMI setting will only reduce the aggressiveness of the assistance, but there is NOT an On/Off setting available.
I was told the DAP cars have a button on the turn signal for on/off. Suspect that would be a very expensive addition.
Appreciate any knowledge anyone can impart upon me.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Does the "DRL function with turn signal" work for anyone? I'm assuming that's the keep the bottom DRL active when the turn signal is on.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S4 Play
A question for those have enabled Lane Assist with OBD11: Is there any way to turn it completely off, short of going back into OBD and disabling it? Best I can tell, the MMI setting will only reduce the aggressiveness of the assistance, but there is NOT an On/Off setting available.
I was told the DAP cars have a button on the turn signal for on/off. Suspect that would be a very expensive addition.
Appreciate any knowledge anyone can impart upon me.
bumping to know this answer as well
Old 06-22-2018, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by echristoperj
Here is my favorite list so far.

1. High Beam Assist
2. Traffic Sign Recognition
3. Active Lane Assist
4. Easy Exit for driver's seat

I want to disable unlock when the car is placed in park, but when I enable that via the ODBEleven app, it removes/disables the folding of side mirrors. Anyone else have this issue?
How did you get # 2. Traffic Sign Recognition to work through OBD 11? I had it working through Kufatec's dongle the supplied while I was in Germany. It stopped working once I got back to the US.

Quick Reply: What's your favorite OBD Eleven change?