A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

working visa (H1b) leasing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default working visa (H1b) leasing?

Hi
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but hope someone have an experience with it.
I am under working visa (H1B) expired in a little more than an year, and i will get greencard or renew visa for another 3 yr before current visa expired. I want to lease an audi (36month).

I have lived in USA for 10 year (7 yr study+3 year working), and have credit history for 5 year with current scored 784.
In California, will my immigration status even show up? I mean if they just check my driver license and credit scored, immigration status might not even appear right? i assume the only thing can indicate that is lack of credit history.
i know audi have foreign business professional program, but the program sounds like apply to people with really short credit history. I am asking because one dealer keep asking about my visa status and say MF is higher because i am international.

Anyway it short, here is my question.
1. Should i mention i am under working visa?
2. Can i only get lease for 1yr (based on my current visa expired date?) or 3yr like everyone else?
3. is my MF going to go up because immigration status? or just based on my credit scored.
4. Is above requirement dealership dependent or they are actually audi requirement?
thanks
Old 12-12-2017, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Well, things may have changed in the last 14 years, but I leased a BMW back in 2003. I had a 6 year credit history at the time and also was on an H1B with Permanent Residency application in process. As far as I remember, nobody even asked about my immigration status and it certainly didn't affect the money factor or anything.This was in California, too. I moved here in 2001 from Chicago.

Last edited by superswiss; 12-12-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Huh I think that it is not that hard. As long as you have a good enough salary plus usually the H1 is usually for 5 years so I think you are good to go.I have a friend who recently moved in the states and he was trying to get a car but he got an E1 visa instead on an H1B. I was actually shocked at how hard it is for people to actually get to the US on legal terms (no wonder we have so many illegals in our community). He worked really hard got a job opportunity and became legible for an E1. I suggested that he gets some legal advice since he was going all in with this thing. I looked into the e1 visa Los Angeles being my target since I live in Orange County and he would have stayed with me for the first few months before he got his own place. I managed to find a law firm that worked mostly on immigration cases so I hired them as his legal counsel and it did help. His case got approved a lot quicker then the majority of other people and that was because we knew what we were doing. I think hat yo should talk to a lawyer as well. It might be a good thing and you might learn something important for you.

Last edited by Sebastian Grey; 12-13-2020 at 07:47 AM.