A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

2006 A4 Cabriolet Top Doesn't do anything light flashes

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 A4 Cabriolet Top Doesn't do anything light flashes

When I press the button to put my top up, the light showing the top moving flashes on my dash, but nothing else happens (windows don't move and decklid doesn't open.)

Now I say nothing happens, but if I turn off the car and then only turn the ignition on, but not start the car and then press the button, I can here something happening back around the decklid (assuming it's unlocking it or something) it lasts for about 1 second, and then it won't make the sound unless I turn the ignition off and back on. Then it will again just do it once.

After several key cycles, opening and shutting the door, putting the windows up and down and sometime needing to drive it, the top will again work sometimes several times just as normal, and then it starts this just flashing not moving thing again.

2006 A4 Cabriolet 3.0 Quattro
Old 09-21-2016, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Update, after I manually put the top up, and I put it down with the switch again it doesn't finish the down cycle. When the top is almost done, it doesn't put the windows up, I am not sure if the compartment latches down or not.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default It's the sensor...

Originally Posted by prayharder
Update, after I manually put the top up, and I put it down with the switch again it doesn't finish the down cycle. When the top is almost done, it doesn't put the windows up, I am not sure if the compartment latches down or not.
<a href="http://www.dognmonkey.com/audi/fix-g356-top-frame-position-sensor-audi-cabriolet.html" target="_blank">Try to see if it's the G356 sensor fell out of place or broken</a>.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A4 Cabriolet Top Manual Reset Video

Make sure you do a complete manual reset up (windows all down) all the way from locked up position to locked top down position and then back up to the locked position per the video. Sorry this post is late, but I am new to this forum...

Old 08-19-2020, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

When I press the button to put my top up, the light showing the top moving flashes on my dash, but nothing else happens (windows don't move and decklid doesn't open.)

Now I say nothing happens, but if I turn off the car and then only turn the ignition on, but not start the car and then press the button, I can here something happening back around the decklid (assuming it's unlocking it or something) it lasts for about 1 second, and then it won't make the sound unless I turn the ignition off and back on. Then it will again just do it once.

After several key cycles, opening and shutting the door, putting the windows up and down and sometime needing to drive it, the top will again work sometimes several times just as normal, and then it starts this just flashing not moving thing again.

2006 A4 Cabriolet 3.0 Quattro
Hello did you ever figure out your problem? Thank you!