A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

Headlight Issue

Old 01-02-2018, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Issue

Hi there,

The driver's side headlight of my '06 Cabrio is experiencing problems since I bought it, and I am hoping someone can help me out here. It has the HIDs (not sure if they ALL did or not).

- Driver's side is a different color than the passenger side. Appears more 'yellowish', but is still bright
- It does not self adjust like the passenger side, when I turn the car on
- When driving, it appears like it's pointing downwards, like it's 'looking down'
- No headlight beam-distance fault codes found
- Aesthetically, it appears fine. No cosmetic damage done to it
- I purchased the car this way, so I am not sure if a bulb had been replaced to cause this, etc

Can anyone help me with this? Will I need to buy an entire new assembly? The fact that it doesn't auto-adjust and seems to be pointing down, demonstrates to me that a motor of some sort is burn out. But the yellowish hue of the headlamp makes me wonder if it's a bigger problem. It seems like a normal colored halogen lamp.

Thank you in advance!

~george
Old 01-08-2018, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by George Trudeau
Hi there,

The driver's side headlight of my '06 Cabrio is experiencing problems since I bought it, and I am hoping someone can help me out here. It has the HIDs (not sure if they ALL did or not).

- Driver's side is a different color than the passenger side. Appears more 'yellowish', but is still bright
- It does not self adjust like the passenger side, when I turn the car on
- When driving, it appears like it's pointing downwards, like it's 'looking down'
- No headlight beam-distance fault codes found
- Aesthetically, it appears fine. No cosmetic damage done to it
- I purchased the car this way, so I am not sure if a bulb had been replaced to cause this, etc

Can anyone help me with this? Will I need to buy an entire new assembly? The fact that it doesn't auto-adjust and seems to be pointing down, demonstrates to me that a motor of some sort is burn out. But the yellowish hue of the headlamp makes me wonder if it's a bigger problem. It seems like a normal colored halogen lamp.

Thank you in advance!

~george
HID Bulbs come in different colour outputs. You will the bulb will have a light output "temperature". Something like 4000K. The higher the number, the more blue the light.. While the bright blue white lights (higher temperature) look neat, they actually provide less vision than yellower bults. t is possible that someone replaced a single bulb with a different termperature output.