A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

No power to roof

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power to roof

There does not appear to be any power going to my 2007 A4 soft top. When I turn on the ignition, the dashboard light for the roof does not illuminate. Nothing happens when I operate the open/close roof switch. I have checked and replaced the 30A fuse without any change. At first, I thought it might be a problem with the hydraulic motor as I did have a problem with it before. However, on that occasion the roof would start to open - windows done, latches detached. This time, nothing happens when I press the switch. I dismantled the motor anyway and checked the brushes (which is what caused the problem last time) but still nothing is happening. I'm wondering if the likely cause is a fault in the operating switch but perhaps someone else has had experience of this and can offer advice before I try to replace the switch. Thanks for any help.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A4 Cabriolet Top Manual Reset Video

Originally Posted by newsrus
There does not appear to be any power going to my 2007 A4 soft top. When I turn on the ignition, the dashboard light for the roof does not illuminate. Nothing happens when I operate the open/close roof switch. I have checked and replaced the 30A fuse without any change. At first, I thought it might be a problem with the hydraulic motor as I did have a problem with it before. However, on that occasion the roof would start to open - windows done, latches detached. This time, nothing happens when I press the switch. I dismantled the motor anyway and checked the brushes (which is what caused the problem last time) but still nothing is happening. I'm wondering if the likely cause is a fault in the operating switch but perhaps someone else has had experience of this and can offer advice before I try to replace the switch. Thanks for any help.
Sorry for the late response, attached is the convertible top manual reset video as outlined in your owners manual, just remember to have all the windows down when doing the manual reset procedure.