A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

roof problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roof problem

Hi,

I've just joined this thread hoping someone can help me.

Some kind soul kicked - yes kicked - my windscreen in ten days ago.

Apart from the insurance company being useless - name withheld - for now - a main dealer is telling me that the the fact that the roof now doesn't work - whereas it has worked perfectly since we bought the car four years ago - has nothing to do with the kicking-in - and is just a total coincidence - so I will have to buy a new motor as it won't be covered by the insurance.

Obviously I am not buying this line.

All help and thoughts gratefully received.

Obviously I am not an engineer but this seems like a cop out,,,,or something worse,,,,

Cheers - one very unhappy Edinburgh resident.

Any body have any thoughts?

Old 01-08-2019, 12:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you been through the reset procedure? Get the diagram of the roof, they are quite basic once you have that, I don't see pressure on the window could damage that much other than the window.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

well, I don't know what your real problems are, but most of your problems I'm sure I encountered... It's generic. Start reading and you may find what fits yours. The Dealers mostly have no clues.
A4 B6 Cabriolet ? Audi
Cheers,
Louis
Old 08-22-2020, 01:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LUCCA0131
Hi,

I've just joined this thread hoping someone can help me.

Some kind soul kicked - yes kicked - my windscreen in ten days ago. Apart from the insurance company being useless - name withheld - for now - a main dealer is telling me that the the fact that the roof now doesn't work - whereas it has worked perfectly since we bought the car four years ago - has nothing to do with the kicking-in - and is just a total coincidence - so I will have to buy a new motor as it won't be covered by the insurance. Obviously I am not buying this line. All help and thoughts gratefully received.

Obviously I am not an engineer but this seems like a cop out,,,,or something worse,,,,
Cheers - one very unhappy Edinburgh resident.
Any body have any thoughts?
Just have a reputable company replace that windshield and reaffix rear view mirror and get the vehicle back and be whole with insurance company.

Next, perform this manual convertible top reset procedure. Be sure the side windows are fully down and open to see if you can get it working as before.

Last edited by RoMan709; 08-22-2020 at 01:07 AM.