A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

Troubl shoot roof

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troubl shoot roof

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum (and not the greatest electrician) and I would appreciate any help I can get. I have a 2009 A4 2.0T Cabriolet with a roof that is challenging. I have just come into the car so have no Audi experience. When the switch for the top is engaged the front latches unlock but that is the extent of the operation. I have tried the "soft reset" numerous times and always with different results. Once the hatch actually opened and then froze up solid and after locking/unlocking with the key for the top, it finally released and I could close it manually. At this point it is back to just releasing the front latches however it will lock automatically when the switch is reversed.
Steps I have taken:
Checked the charge level of the battery to ensure a full charge
Tried the door switch with the ignition key to no avail
Removed the motor and pump from its mounting and brought the hydraulic fluid level up to MAX line
Tested the harness from the main connection to the motor/pump and have 12.8-13 volts from the main connection to the switch block in and out HOWEVER there is no power to the connector which attaches to the motor with or without the car being on or the convertible top switch engaged or not.
I then applied 12v directly to the motor after disconnecting the harness from the switch block out and the motor is not running (I obtained power from the 12v outlet on the trunk wall after verifying)

I could assume that the motor is bad but why is there no power at the connection coming from the switch block out to the motor? I do not see any straight answer and that is why I am calling in the experts if all of you could help me. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Troubleshoot Roof

Try manual convertible top reset procedure, just make sure all side windows are down and open