20" wheels Air Suspension - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

20" wheels Air Suspension

Reply

 
 
Old 06-09-2014, 02:16 AM
  #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Default 20" wheels Air Suspension

Hi people,

I am new to the forum and would like some feedback. I am considering an A6 Avant with 20" wheels and Air Ride Suspension and wondering if anyone could share their opinions with me.

I am trying to fit sporty and comfort into one car, I much prefer a quite comfortable ride and wonder if that is achievable with this configuration.
I have only driven a A6 SE on 17" and found that to be a great car both for noise and ride quality but am fearful of a car with 20"'s, would air ride give me this?

When looking around the internet the A6 sport suspension with wheels above 18" get a bad rap.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Travis
tgrandy2001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:18 AM
  #2
AudiWorld Super User
 
snagitseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SE MA
Posts: 13,796
Default

It would be helpful to know what A6 model year and country to answer your questions. This forum is for the 2012+ North American or 2011+ rest of world A6 C7. (There is no adjustable air suspension available for the NAR C7 A6).
snagitseven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:20 AM
  #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
DB22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 1,514
Default

Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
It would be helpful to know what A6 model year and country to answer your questions. This forum is for the 2012+ North American or 2011+ rest of world A6 C7. (There is no adjustable air suspension available for the NAR C7 A6).
I think that model, year, location etc. should be a prerequisite for all postings. Additional information should be added if questions relate to options. Your signature is an easy option to insert the relevant info.
DB22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:26 AM
  #4
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Default

My Appoligies,

It is a 2013 Avant 3.0, I will be buying it in Germany, I did surf around the forum and surprisingly didn't find much.
A great forum though with plenty of nice cars.

Originally Posted by tgrandy2001 View Post
Hi people,

I am new to the forum and would like some feedback. I am considering an A6 Avant with 20" wheels and Air Ride Suspension and wondering if anyone could share their opinions with me.

I am trying to fit sporty and comfort into one car, I much prefer a quite comfortable ride and wonder if that is achievable with this configuration.
I have only driven a A6 SE on 17" and found that to be a great car both for noise and ride quality but am fearful of a car with 20"'s, would air ride give me this?

When looking around the internet the A6 sport suspension with wheels above 18" get a bad rap.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Travis
tgrandy2001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:57 AM
  #5
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
DB22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 1,514
Default

Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
It would be helpful to know what A6 model year and country to answer your questions. This forum is for the 2012+ North American or 2011+ rest of world A6 C7. (There is no adjustable air suspension available for the NAR C7 A6).
There is no A6 Avant either in NA.
DB22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:11 AM
  #6
AudiWorld Super User
 
snagitseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SE MA
Posts: 13,796
Default

Originally Posted by tgrandy2001 View Post
My Appoligies,

It is a 2013 Avant 3.0, I will be buying it in Germany, I did surf around the forum and surprisingly didn't find much.
A great forum though with plenty of nice cars.
Do you live in Germany or North America? If you are from NA and are looking to do a Euro delivery, you won't be able to do a NA Avant version.
snagitseven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:58 AM
  #7
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Default

I am a Canadian but currently live in Europe in the Baltic states, I will be here for another three or four years.

Some years ago while living in Hamburg I looked at improrting a car into Canada from Germany and it was near impossible, from the USA not a problem but Europe is a problem.
tgrandy2001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:21 PM
  #8
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 20,326
Default

Originally Posted by tgrandy2001 View Post
I am a Canadian but currently live in Europe in the Baltic states, I will be here for another three or four years.
I guess I would question why you want 20" wheels? The US-market S6 has the combination you describe - air suspension plus (optionally) 20" wheels. I only got to drive my car for 5 days (European Delivery) so I cannot really provide much input but I didn't get any complaints from the wife about harsh ride (keeping ADS in "Auto" most of the time) on 20" Pzeros.

Personally I only picked 20" wheels because the S6's 19" tire size is unusual (at least here in the US) so going to 20" gave me more and cheaper tire options. I'd think something in the 17" or 18" range would yield much better tire sidewall heights but that's very much NOT in vogue now. (My C5 came with 16" which I bumped to 17" to decrease and stiffen the sidewall slightly.)

If you can get the car you want with 18" wheels, that might be a much better choice....
Richard Solomon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:00 PM
  #9
Audiworld Junior Member
 
soslower's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 62
Default

I have 20" wheels and air suspension on my C7 A6.






soslower is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:07 PM
  #10
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 20,326
Default

Originally Posted by soslower View Post
I have 20" wheels and air suspension on my C7 A6.
I didn't think I'd be going out on a limb to say "That's not original equipment!" and then I saw your signature
Richard Solomon is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
hellonwheels33
A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion
27
09-02-2016 12:29 AM
Pmpsch
Q7 MKII Discussion
14
12-06-2015 01:14 PM
CPLYONS
A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion
7
09-07-2015 07:19 PM
kevf95
Canadian Discussion
1
09-01-2015 04:34 PM
ECS Tuning-Audi
A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion
0
09-01-2015 09:16 AM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:49 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: