Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2012 Prestige vs Premium Plus

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Prestige vs Premium Plus

Folks:

Need some suggestions from you. Getting a 2012 A6. Ordered the Prestige but might still have a change to change to Premium Plus. Thing is, I'm split whether to get Prestige.

I had bought a Premium Plus in the past but regretted it since I really missed Backup cameras/sounds. In 2012 both trims have that feature.

So, is Prestige really worthy upgrade this year? BTW, I have negotiated the upgrade price to $1800 (cost) vs the regular $2600 I think. Thoughts?
Old 12-28-2011, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Let me start by saying you cannot go wrong with either one. $1800 is a great price for the Prestige package. The Four-zone automatic climate control comes in handy if you have passengers back there a lot. The push button start is just not the same without the Advanced keyless entry, whats the point of the push button start if you have to take the key out to open the door and then having to put in back in your pocket after you get into the car. The adpative headlight and cornering headlight lights up the corners nicely at night, both are very good safety festures. The LED ambient light package makes the car look very high tech. The Bose system is pretty good but the base system is not that bad. The ventilated seats are very nice to have in the summer and the Prestige seats are a bit different in shape from the premium plus as well. Power steering column can also raise the steering column for easy exiting of the car. Lastly, the rear defuser on the S-line package adds to the back view.
I guess my opinion is that $1800 is well worth it for all those options.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Gman...all of these features for $1800 is a great deal, you will not be sorry.

•18" 5-V-spoke alloy wheels with 245/45 all-season tires
•S line® exterior
•Adaptive xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights
•Ventilated eight-way power front seats and four-way lumbar adjustment for driver
•BOSE® sound system
•Power tilt and telescoping steering column with memory
•Audi advanced key
Old 12-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The Prestige version is terrific. I have enjoyed all of the upgrades and find the car well worth the extra money.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

You gotta make this call yourself. The folks on here w/ prestige cars will say it is worth it and those of us with P+ cars will say it isn't. For me it wasn't worth it... the only feature I really wanted was the ventilated seats, but I figured I could live without those.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

For me, the only main reason to order the Prestige (ok, not the only reason, but the one that did sway me) is that the optional full row LED headlights only are available on the Prestige model, which I think makes the car look simply amazing in conjunction with the standard daytime running LED's. I'm sure they also look menacing when seen from a car's rearview mirror that is ahead of you as well. That was the "swayer" for me... But like BConly said, it's up to you to decide what is worth it for you.. Good luck
Old 12-28-2011, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I went with prestige for the advanced key, upgraded seats and option to get full led's. Upgraded interior ambient lighting is fantastic. Worth it imo, but bc is right, boils down to personal preferences. Apparently, only prestige gets the sunglasses holder, but its near worthless.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks folks and you're right...in the end it's my call but getting opinions are sometimes very important to make sure I'm not missing something really obvious. Last time, I made the big blunder cause not getting backup sensors and cameras made me repent a lot. Went to so many stores to find out about aftermarket cameras an they were about $1000...not worth it and $1800 at that point would've been a worthy upgrade. Now they're included.

So far what I like (without really revisiting a dealership):

1- Advanced Key: Have it in my SUV and wife loves to not dig into her oversized bag to look for her
2- Bose althouth I always thought even stock Audi speaker system is pretty awesome..even in my 2010 car
3- LED Ambient lights for the cool factor

Did not get the full LED lights. As for sunglasses holder LOL....2010 version could not fit any of mine...is it bigger now?

Others will visit the dealership again...thanks again folks...keep your thoughts coming in. Appreciate it.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:46 AM
LIY
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dcmetro
Thanks folks and you're right...in the end it's my call but getting opinions are sometimes very important to make sure I'm not missing something really obvious. Last time, I made the big blunder cause not getting backup sensors and cameras made me repent a lot. Went to so many stores to find out about aftermarket cameras an they were about $1000...not worth it and $1800 at that point would've been a worthy upgrade. Now they're included.

So far what I like (without really revisiting a dealership):

1- Advanced Key: Have it in my SUV and wife loves to not dig into her oversized bag to look for her
2- Bose althouth I always thought even stock Audi speaker system is pretty awesome..even in my 2010 car
3- LED Ambient lights for the cool factor

Did not get the full LED lights. As for sunglasses holder LOL....2010 version could not fit any of mine...is it bigger now?

Others will visit the dealership again...thanks again folks...keep your thoughts coming in. Appreciate it.
I can speak to the sun glass holder in the Prestige. I was surprised to find that I could actually get a couple pair of my sunglasses to fit - as opposed to my 2005 A6, in which I could get none to fit!

LIY
Old 12-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just wish the full LED headlights were available on the Premium Plus Package as we would have gladely paid the extra grand for them!

Quick Reply: 2012 Prestige vs Premium Plus