Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2014 A6 Diesel Emmissions fix

Old 08-08-2018, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 A6 Diesel Emmissions fix

Hello All...Possibly a new to me A6 owner here,

I've been researching the purchase of a used 2014 A6 Diesel 3.0L TDI Prestige. In my research in seeing mentions of a diesel emissions fix for these cars. I'm curious of what I need to know.

Anything I need to be aware of before I purchase?
How would I know if a "fix" has been performed?
Is the "fix" mandatory or optional?

Any additional information on this model A6 will appreciated. Thank you!!
Old 08-08-2018, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome. You can do a vehicle recall lookup at https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases. Just enter the VIN and it will let you know if there is a recall still pending, that would be the fix needing to be done. No recall=fix completed, at least that is how mine went. Fix is optional. I haven't really noticed any change from prefix. Maybe a slight decrease in mileage, but I can still get 40+ on the computer over the road, hand calculation of mixed driving is around 35. Love the comfort and power to go along with the mileage. I am sure others have far more insight than I but I looked at a lot of options and for what I wanted, I couldn't find a better choice for a car. Not really sure what all to watch out for. Pretty sure if it breaks it will be expensive to fix, but I wouldn't let that stop you from buying it. It is a great car.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

I have not had the fix performed yet so I can’t speak to it’s impact on the car’s performance. I love the car’s combination of torque and mileage. One of the nice things about getting a “fixed” diesel is that it comes with a 4 year 48k mile warranty on the engine, emissions and exhaust running from the date of the fix.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary
I have not had the fix performed yet so I can’t speak to it’s impact on the car’s performance. I love the car’s combination of torque and mileage. One of the nice things about getting a “fixed” diesel is that it comes with a 4 year 48k mile warranty on the engine, emissions and exhaust running from the date of the fix.
Your statement about the warranty addendum is the first I have heard of this, at least as far as I can remember. Can you tell me where I can find the info on the extended warranty?
Many Thanks!

Old 08-09-2018, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for all the help on this. The information found and given has really been great to make my decision. Hopefully I find my A6 soon.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have the fix implemented on my A6 - key highlights:
  • Gas mileage is largely unaffected - did a 900 mile round-trip last week with a loaded car, variable terrain, traffic and no traffic and A/C on all time, averaging about 38 MPG (which is a miracle with LA traffic).
  • Engine sound - no effect.
  • Have not observed any abnormal AdBlue consumption - but then again I have not had the indicator come on yet and I've put roughly 6K miles since the fix.
  • It does hold gears longer after cold start to heat the car up faster - but that's the extent of "performance" effect of the fix.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Have you noticed any hesitation, as others have described? This is the major 'symptom' that is holding me back.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
Your statement about the warranty addendum is the first I have heard of this, at least as far as I can remember. Can you tell me where I can find the info on the extended warranty?
Many Thanks!
The warranty information is in the Settlement Documents and the information that Audi sent current owners of the cars. By the way the warranty is also transferable to subsequent owners.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary

The warranty information is in the Settlement Documents and the information that Audi sent current owners of the cars. By the way the warranty is also transferable to subsequent owners.
Thanks, I missed that and will double check all the stuff I received.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
Thanks, I missed that and will double check all the stuff I received.
The extended warranty applies to a bunch of selected components including the high pressure pump & turbocharger. The warranty is which ever is longer between 10yrs/120k miles of the original delivery date or 4yrs/48k miles from when the recall was performed. They also included unlimited adblue refills during this extended warranty period. FYI, they have some really good deals at the dealer on the diesels and Audi financial dropped the financing to 0% for up to 66 months and I think .59% for 72 months!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 A6 Diesel Emmissions fix