AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   2014 A6 TDI S-Line Sport Suspension Retrofit, need P/Ns (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/2014-a6-tdi-s-line-sport-suspension-retrofit-need-p-ns-2941170/)

WESRACE 01-18-2018 06:55 AM

2014 A6 TDI S-Line Sport Suspension Retrofit, need P/Ns

Hello, I am long time forum follower, but Newby on posting.

I have searched and read about the suspension options for a 2014 C7 A6 TDI, but I am struggling with all the part number options and can’t make sense of the spring color coding as there are about a dozen variants.

Could anyone please help me with identifying the correct part numbers? I believe there is 1 option for the struts/shocks. I am looking for either the S-Line Sport or ‘standard’ Sport springs and assume they use the same damper?

For reference I am coming from a B7 A4 that was highly modified with the PSS9 coil overs and want to retain the plush ride of the A6, but close the Allroad looking wheel gap. The car is a TDI Quattro Prestige with driver assist and 19” wheels.

Thanks!

DB22 01-18-2018 07:39 AM

I did a lot of research regarding the springs and damper rates years ago and also found the information impossible to come by. I did, however, conclude that spring rates depend on numerous factors: 2 liter vs. 3 liter, options selected, year of car and location. The options are different in the EU as opposed to the US, Sport package is different to S Line package, 2012 is different to 2014, some spring rates can be found on EU VW sites but I have never found a comprehensive list of the dots on the springs and their specifications. I also found out that different struts are associated with different springs, again, location dependent.
The easiest method would be to have somebody read the color code of the springs from their car and post them to the forum but without knowing that their car was marketed in the same location as you then codes could be ambiguous.
Like many other posters, your location in not posted so expect answers from around the world which may or may not help you.

WESRACE 01-18-2018 08:51 AM

Thanks DB22. The car is currently located in Knoxville Tennessee and was purchased in Layfayette, LA. I will update my signature and location.

WESRACE 01-18-2018 12:11 PM

DB22, are you runing the stock SE suspension or did you upgrade?

BridlingtonAudi 01-19-2018 01:05 AM

My first post so hello everyone from the UK

In the UK our vehicles have a sticker in the spare wheel well which lists the build codes for the car. Searching "Audi build codes" will give you a translator for these codes. In the case of my 2011 C7 3.0 tdi there are two codes giving the weight range of the vehicle:-
0YL = weight range 11 installation control only, no requirement forecast (rear axle)
0JL = weight category front axle, weight range 11

Also code 1BA = standard suspension and 1BE = sport suspension.

Use these codes in a parts database found in another forum and you should be able to locate the spring and shock absorber part codes with colour identifiers you require.

As an aside my SE had a high ride height, so I have replaced the springs with an Eibach Pro-kit. These have given a ride height front and rear of about 370mm from hub centre to wheel arch. I also fitted new Bilstein shock absorbers.

John.

WESRACE 01-19-2018 01:43 AM

Thanks John, here is a picture of the codes, which one am I looking for?
Do you have a link that I can go to to de-code them... Google searches pointed to some older model VW cars. The end goal is to identify the part numbers for the Audi tuned part numbers applicable to this specific car and weight. I do not have an intent of going stiffer springs and want to have a balanced setup.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...b7d63d9deb.jpg

BridlingtonAudi 01-19-2018 02:46 AM

Wesrace

Use this site to decode your build codes:-

VW Group Option Codes Decoder

and this one for a parts database:-

https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/

You should select USA.

Your build for the rear axle is 1BA+0YM (standard suspension with a weight range of 12). This gives a part number 8K0 511 115DK and the springs should have a grey and green paint mark. As far as I know if you want a lowered sport suspension you should look for a spring with the code 1BE+0YM.

John.

WESRACE 01-19-2018 06:23 AM

Is it a weight range of 12 for the rear and 11 for the front?

It looks like it decodes to two weight ranges:
0YM = Weight range 12 installation control only, no requirement forecast
0JL = Weight category front axle weight range 11

I bookmarked those links..great info!!

DB22 01-19-2018 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by WESRACE (Post 25098143)
DB22, are you runing the stock SE suspension or did you upgrade?

I gave up on the upgrade due to cost. Springs, shocks alignment and the recalibration of the cameras and radars due to ride height changes etc was silly money. I am still on the Sport suspension which I think is a little bone jarring on the crap roads in California. I also had the Pirelli p zero on 20’s so I alternate with Pirelli p 7’s on 18’s during the winter months and they are way more comfortable but don’t stick as well.

WESRACE 01-19-2018 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by DB22 (Post 25098497)
I gave up on the upgrade due to cost. Springs, shocks alignment and the recalibration of the cameras and radars due to ride height changes etc was silly money. I am still on the Sport suspension which I think is a little bone jarring on the crap roads in California. I also had the Pirelli p zero on 20’s so I alternate with Pirelli p 7’s on 18’s during the winter months and they are way more comfortable but don’t stick as well.

Would you have any interest in swapping your S suspension for the SE? Mine only has 38K on it.. I could pay for shipping for both ways..