Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2014 Active Lane assist no vibration, but stays in lane

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 Active Lane assist no vibration, but stays in lane

So I have my 14 A6 just over a week. It sat most of the week waiting to get my Akebono Pads installed and to return my old leased M37S. I was playing with the Lane Assist and noticed that the info I have read says that when active and you go to cross a lane without your turn signal it will vibrate the wheel, well mine does not vibrate it actually attempts to bring the car back into the lane. This seems to be a pleasant surprise. I tried it for a while and it will actually drift the car back and forth a bit staying inside the lane markers. I much prefer that than some annoying vibrations. If I look online I see this video from 2011 that says vibrates, but shows the car drifting to stay in the lane. Odd description from Audi.

I will post my overall thoughts and observations once my new wheels and tires get put on this weekend and I can drive the car a while.

Last edited by keithl; 08-26-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can turn the vibration on/off in the MMI Car Settings menu under Driver Assist. I've noticed even with it on I haven't felt the vibration, that or it's super light.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have it set to on. I will say I am digging the car, but the damn numb light steering is sad. I have owned cars with EPS before and they did not feel this numb. I leave steering on Dynamic and it is still way to light. The only 2 complaints I have really is the steering and the seats. I find the seats firm and not very comfortable compared to what I have driven in the past.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I think active lane assist was not included in THE 2011 A6; it would alert, but would not intervene. The active version was added later.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by keithl
... The only 2 complaints I have really is the steering and the seats. I find the seats firm and not very comfortable compared to what I have driven in the past.
fwiw, I wasn't real pleased with my seats, especially the thigh support. However, after 3000 miles that included an 1800 mile trip driving interstate, I am now much less displeased. It seems the seats either conform to you or you get used to them. They seem to provide better support but certainly not a super-firm feel which I'd prefer.

There's some hope there!
Old 08-27-2013, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am hoping after a few weeks I will find them better, still trying to find the right searing position.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have it set to on. I will say I am digging the car, but the damn numb light steering is sad. I have owned cars with EPS before and they did not feel this numb. I leave steering on Dynamic and it is still way to light. The only 2 complaints I have really is the steering and the seats. I find the seats firm and not very comfortable compared to what I have driven in the past.
Do you have the comfort seats? I love my comfort seats and couldn't be happier.

Have to agree about the steering though.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

A6 does not come with any optional seats, the Prestige I think has a slightly different seat, but nothing like the comfort seats. The steering reminds me of old arcade driving games, effortless with no feedback.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

A6 does not come with any optional seats, the Prestige I think has a slightly different seat, but nothing like the comfort seats. The steering reminds me of old arcade driving games, effortless with no feedback.
Ok good to know. Don't know why they wouldn't offer them in the A6.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I believe they offer them on A6 outside NA. It is a shame too, because S6 is outside my budget and the A6 seats suck so bad. I assume I will get used to them, but my Acuras and Infiniti had far better seats.

Quick Reply: 2014 Active Lane assist no vibration, but stays in lane