Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2014 Black optics package. Anyone have pictures of it? or Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Black optics package. Anyone have pictures of it? or Opinions?

Seems like a local dealer can get me car with basically what I want, but it has the black optics. There are no cars locally with it. Anyone have it or have picture to see what it looks like? Any opinions on it?

The car config is a A6 Prestige, black on black with LED head lights, 19" inch sports package, with black optics package and rear sunshades.

I wanted 19 inch tires but in an effort to not have to wait for 2-3 months for the car I can settle for this one is Black optics indeed looks good.

I like the front black grill of the black optics. Looks good on a black Audi. Not sure about the black tires with 5 spokes...they look kinda bland.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The audiusa car builder now has the black optics package on it (it didn't a week ago) so if you build your car on their website that way you will get a good view of what it looks like. I had same situation last week - but dealer had a TDI with black optics in stock so I got to see what it looked like in person although not on my actual car.

I like the look of it - if you want a more close-up of the wheel/grille/or whatnot I can take you some pictures. I got it in Daytona Gray. If I was going to custom order the car I'm not sure I would have paid the money for it, but I do think it adds a more distinctive/unique look to the Audi - and so if you want to stand-out a bit more its a nice option.

Originally Posted by rimmi2002
Seems like a local dealer can get me car with basically what I want, but it has the black optics. There are no cars locally with it. Anyone have it or have picture to see what it looks like? Any opinions on it?

The car config is a A6 Prestige, black on black with LED head lights, 19" inch sports package, with black optics package and rear sunshades.

I wanted 19 inch tires but in an effort to not have to wait for 2-3 months for the car I can settle for this one is Black optics indeed looks good.

I like the front black grill of the black optics. Looks good on a black Audi. Not sure about the black tires with 5 spokes...they look kinda bland.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by djmatl
The audiusa car builder now has the black optics package on it (it didn't a week ago) so if you build your car on their website that way you will get a good view of what it looks like. I had same situation last week - but dealer had a TDI with black optics in stock so I got to see what it looked like in person although not on my actual car.

I like the look of it - if you want a more close-up of the wheel/grille/or whatnot I can take you some pictures. I got it in Daytona Gray. If I was going to custom order the car I'm not sure I would have paid the money for it, but I do think it adds a more distinctive/unique look to the Audi - and so if you want to stand-out a bit more its a nice option.
Pls post pics...I got daytona gray with 19" sport pkg because I didn't want to deal with swapping out the 20" summer tires on the black optics pkg for A/S tires or having to order a set of winter tires

To the OP, if you go to the momentum audi website, they have lots of pics of black TDI with black optics
Old 08-18-2013, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by audi40
Pls post pics...I got daytona gray with 19" sport pkg because I didn't want to deal with swapping out the 20" summer tires on the black optics pkg for A/S tires or having to order a set of winter tires

To the OP, if you go to the momentum audi website, they have lots of pics of black TDI with black optics
Who doesn't want to share pics of their new car? Side view and then the 3 parts of black optic - wheel, grille, and window trim.
Attached Images     
Old 08-18-2013, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13768706834228
Old 08-18-2013, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by audi40

Thanks! looked at the pics. Too be honest not too impressed by it on the black.

Djmati thanks for the pics of your car. They look very good with the gray color actually.

I am in Northern California...doesn't snow here, but does rain decent bit for a few months...can I use summer tires all throughout the year, or is it better to go with all weather tires for non summer times....I guess if the 20 inch are not safe year around here then I'm just going to custom order with 19 inch wheels. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Daytona gray looks fabulous with the 20" titanium rims and black optics package. Probably the best color for it, at least IMO.

I'd rather buy 4 all season tires than buys rims. The tires are always easier to replace. Michelin just came out with the new pilot A/S, so that solves a lot of problems with the lack of 20" all seasons tire choices.

I'm not crazy about the look of the 19" sport package. Not the best looking rim for the a6. I'd do the 20 inch black optic or bi colored 20" sport.

The 5 arm titanium rim will also do a great job of hiding brake dust. The 19s are going to be very tough to keep clean.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
Daytona gray looks fabulous with the 20" titanium rims and black optics package. Probably the best color for it, at least IMO.

I'd rather buy 4 all season tires than buys rims. The tires are always easier to replace. Michelin just came out with the new pilot A/S, so that solves a lot of problems with the lack of 20" all seasons tire choices.

I'm not crazy about the look of the 19" sport package. Not the best looking rim for the a6. I'd do the 20 inch black optic or bi colored 20" sport.

The 5 arm titanium rim will also do a great job of hiding brake dust. The 19s are going to be very tough to keep clean.
Thanks. yeah it might have to come down to getting 20 inch A/S wheels. I agree Daytona gray matches really well with black optics....not sure how well the black color matches...and I can't see it in person.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rimmi2002
Thanks. yeah it might have to come down to getting 20 inch A/S wheels. I agree Daytona gray matches really well with black optics....not sure how well the black color matches...and I can't see it in person.
As you probably know, the daytona only comes with black interior...if you go this route, I'd recommend ordering the black headliner with aluminum trim which gives the interior a very sporty feel.

If you want to go with a different color interior than black, the oolong gray exterior might also be a good choice to get with the black optics pkg.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Black optiocs on S5

I am going to have the grill switched out on my new S5 for the black optics at total cost of $700 installed...is that a fair price?

Also, do the fog light grills have to be switched out too? Or, is it just the grill that's only different with the package (as far as the front of the car goes).

Thx

Quick Reply: 2014 Black optics package. Anyone have pictures of it? or Opinions?