Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2014 tdi

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

I have also stayed away from getting a tune in favor of preserving the warranty. The TDi extended warranty is going to cover me for the period from approx 110k miles to 160k miles. I am guessing that it will be expensive for them!
Old 02-17-2019, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spoke to my dealer in advance. Their take is it’s rare to analyze in that depth the ecu for warranty repairs. So long as back to stock, they really don’t care.

in essence, it’s not as if the Malone tune is hopping the car up that it’s pushing it beyond the cars logical limit. This is simply making a few tweaks and making it more like euro spec.

Wife has throttle booster only and Porsche said we could care less about that for any warranty claims. Malone is up next for her rig as well...
Old 02-17-2019, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Porscheconvert
Spoke to my dealer in advance. Their take is it’s rare to analyze in that depth the ecu for warranty repairs. So long as back to stock, they really don’t care.

in essence, it’s not as if the Malone tune is hopping the car up that it’s pushing it beyond the cars logical limit. This is simply making a few tweaks and making it more like euro spec.

Wife has throttle booster only and Porsche said we could care less about that for any warranty claims. Malone is up next for her rig as well...
The dealer gave you their word on this, huh?
Old 02-17-2019, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by nhdoc
The dealer gave you their word on this, huh?
I almost fell out of my chair at Starbucks when I read this one.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary

I almost fell out of my chair at Starbucks when I read this one.
Perhaps for your own safety, you should only be reading at home.....otherwise iPhone videos of you sprawled on the floor, frothing at the mouth will be posted everyone...no Malone will be able to tune up your image then
Old 02-17-2019, 07:57 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=nhdoc;25277495]Downside to any of the tunes is that any warranty (including the extended emissions warranty which covers pretty much the whole engine) could be voided if Audi determined the car had been tuned. Malone even warns you that they cannot revert back to the original ECU flash without Audi being able to detect it so that should be kept in mind. It turned me off to doing a tune - just too much to risk of Audi denying a warranty claim should that become necessary.

To your point, when the CPU has been compromised for any reason inside or outside the dealer network it is a flag, good, bad or otherwise to Audi and the potential loss of any warranties implied or otherwise. I recall several owners after 'the fix' stating they will have a tune applied to 'gain' any losses from the 'the fix'.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by AMDG75
Perhaps for your own safety, you should only be reading at home.....otherwise iPhone videos of you sprawled on the floor, frothing at the mouth will be posted everyone...no Malone will be able to tune up your image then
Its why I don’t post on the forum while driving!
Old 02-17-2019, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Welp...while you fellas are chuckling over the notion of a dealer paying for a warranty repair, I guess smiles on my face will be due to how much faster and more enjoyable my rig is now. To each their own...
Old 02-17-2019, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Interesting...I ordered oil change kit for wife’s cayenne and my tdi. I believe it’s same engine as same oil and filter...
Old 02-17-2019, 11:18 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Porscheconvert
Welp...while you fellas are chuckling over the notion of a dealer paying for a warranty repair, I guess smiles on my face will be due to how much faster and more enjoyable my rig is now. To each their own...
....until you break. 🤔

Quick Reply: 2014 tdi