Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 a6 prestige seats uncomfortable

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2012 A6 Prestige and I'm not sure how the seats compare with a more current A6. Similar I assume. Anyway, I've had my A6 for over 4 years and while I love driving the car, love the performance, love the looks, love the features; I've always found it to be an uncomfortable car. It's my biggest complaint with the vehicle. Most specifically, it's how my left leg sits on the left edge of the seat where the cushion rises up. Not terribly uncomfortable but I expected more from a $65k car.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ltdplus9
I have a 2012 A6 Prestige and I'm not sure how the seats compare with a more current A6. Similar I assume. Anyway, I've had my A6 for over 4 years and while I love driving the car, love the performance, love the looks, love the features; I've always found it to be an uncomfortable car. It's my biggest complaint with the vehicle. Most specifically, it's how my left leg sits on the left edge of the seat where the cushion rises up. Not terribly uncomfortable but I expected more from a $65k car.
Related to this, I realized that the middle of the seat on my 2014 does not align with the steering wheel middle. The seat center is slightly to the right of steering wheel center.

I noticed when I get in my car I must subconsciously align myself to the center of the steering wheel, which puts me slightly to the left of center on the seat - and I get that same left side annoyance that you describe. If I center myself in the seat, then I am aligned between the 3rd and 4th Audi rings on the steering wheel, but the seat feels just fine. I know it's not just my car; I see the same thing on my husband's 2014 A6, but it doesn't bother him in the least.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiclet11
Related to this, I realized that the middle of the seat on my 2014 does not align with the steering wheel middle. The seat center is slightly to the right of steering wheel center.

I noticed when I get in my car I must subconsciously align myself to the center of the steering wheel, which puts me slightly to the left of center on the seat - and I get that same left side annoyance that you describe. If I center myself in the seat, then I am aligned between the 3rd and 4th Audi rings on the steering wheel, but the seat feels just fine. I know it's not just my car; I see the same thing on my husband's 2014 A6, but it doesn't bother him in the least.
Oh my God. I've always had this problem where I subconsciously kept trying to align myself and sometimes I noticed it. And I thought there was something wrong with me!!! My God. And I was the only one bothered by it. My wife, FIL, MIL, BIL had no problem. Either that or they just didn't notice or mention it. Same with my A7 too!!!!
Old 12-28-2016, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chiclet11

I have never noticed that but will check it out and see if I'm mis-aligning myself subconsciously. Thanks for the input!!
Old 12-28-2016, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Drop a plumb line from the center of the steering and see where it lands on the seat. I bet it is dead center.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm not sure about the alignment per se but I notice that I sit slightly to the left. Again, it's not a huge issue or very noticeable. But after long drives, I sometimes find I've misaligned myself. Weird as that may sound, it has happened to me quite often. In fact, I thought there was something wrong with me (there probably is, I'm not sure. Lol).
Old 07-19-2018, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Position - Help

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I have the Prestige ventilated seats and like others, it took some experimentation to find the optimum driving position. I've taken 1000+ mile trips with no discomfort whatsoever. This even after three back surgeries since the car was delivered.
Hello All! I am brand new here but I have a 2014 A6 3.0TDI and same thing here... seats felt great (2015 Q50 was my previous car) and I have lower back issues anyway. Can't get comfy. Hurts, too. Wondering if you can help me out with the seat angle and lumbar positioning? I know it's a big ask but I am hurting and trying to figure it out. I'm 6'1 and 175lbs. Skinnier build. Any help would be appreciated. not sure if you are willing to use the protractor feature on an iPhone or something? lol Seriously. Thank you all so much and sorry to be a pain.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Mystified by the whole thread, I can squeeze into the car (mid garage pillar makes it a bit tight at home), slump into the car, ease gently into the car... regardless I've never been anything but comfortable nor found any need to wriggle to adjust position. 5'11 and 165-170. And that's with L5/S1 spondylolisthesis (yes its an absurd term) lower back issue so I guess I'll just be thankful.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TechCom-Mike
Mystified by the whole thread, I can squeeze into the car (mid garage pillar makes it a bit tight at home), slump into the car, ease gently into the car... regardless I've never been anything but comfortable nor found any need to wriggle to adjust position. 5'11 and 165-170. And that's with L5/S1 spondylolisthesis (yes its an absurd term) lower back issue so I guess I'll just be thankful.
I have a few things wrong with mine. Sad I know what spondylolisthesis is! lol I think I figured the seat out. I had to straighten the seat up, raise the lumbar to the mid-low back area and push it out more than normally. Then, had the thigh support enough so that my legs weren't flat but were also taking some of the load. See how it goes... had some shoulder pain but moved the steering wheel towards the engine a bit for more room.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by rbarnes220
Hello All! I am brand new here but I have a 2014 A6 3.0TDI and same thing here... seats felt great (2015 Q50 was my previous car) and I have lower back issues anyway. Can't get comfy. Hurts, too. Wondering if you can help me out with the seat angle and lumbar positioning? I know it's a big ask but I am hurting and trying to figure it out. I'm 6'1 and 175lbs. Skinnier build. Any help would be appreciated. not sure if you are willing to use the protractor feature on an iPhone or something? lol Seriously. Thank you all so much and sorry to be a pain.
I test drove a 2016 Prestige earlier this year. The seats became a "no sale" factor. Here's my thread. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...6-bad-2949017/

Quick Reply: 2016 a6 prestige seats uncomfortable