Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2918 A6 on Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2918 A6 on Stop Sale?

I'm told the remaining 2018 A6s are on stop sale due to a recall for a problem with the passenger sides sensor which that controls the air bag. True? If that's correct, what is a good price for them when they go back on sale?
Old 09-19-2018, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Diogenes
I'm told the remaining 2018 A6s are on stop sale due to a recall for a problem with the passenger sides sensor which that controls the air bag. True? If that's correct, what is a good price for them when they go back on sale?
Good question. The A6’s with standard seats are on a stop sale. The ones with custom and sport seats are not on the recall, so are still being sold. I think that means that most of the Prestige models will be sold. I suspect you could get a pretty good deal when the recalls are done as the new 2019’s will be out soon. How much off is anyone’s guess, but I got $9000 off MSRP on a Prestige with custom seats, so you should get that or more on one of the ones on stop sale. I was looking at inventory the other night at a dealer on the east coast where the A6’s with standard seats were listed for sale, so the recall must be done there. That may mean parts are starting to show up and they’ll be able to sell those cars soon.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 880 Likes on 719 Posts

Does anyone have the pricing guide for the 2918?
Old 09-20-2018, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Does anyone have the pricing guide for the 2918?
Haven't seen it yet. But I would expect a price increase over today's models.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

You guys are hilarious!!!!
Old 09-20-2018, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Kevin, unless you have a portrait of yourself in your attic I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think you are going to be in any shape to be driving in 2919.............. -- LOL. If VAG continues along their recent path good chance they will no longer exist way before 2919.

Me thinketh we should fully enjoy our cars now before all vehicles are autonomous under the misguided notion of removing human error from the equation (only to be replaced with AI error). Can you imagine the joy of piloting one's own vehicle being no longer available to us? I can't. Sorry, this is not progress IMHO.

Kevin, I'm going to need a new set of summer/fall/spring tires after this winter -- I'm also on 19" sport package -- how is the ride with those Michelins compared with the grand touring all seasons that the car was originally equipped with? I hear good things about the Michelins but our roads are garbage and I don't want to make a switch to a performance summer tire and degrade the ride. Your thoughts on this greatly appreciated, thx.

Best,
Jeff

PS -- just got my /15 A6 3.0T PP back a couple of days ago from dealer after timing chain tensioner replacement at 28,000 miles to eliminate couple seconds of rattling on cold start up after car sits for 5+ days. Presume no more noise and hoping for reliable operation with no more surprises over next 2-3 years. If any of you intend to keep cars long term check out the TSB about this issue (I posted in another thread on AW) and let your car sit if you can for 5-6 days preferably when weather cools off to see if you get rattle on cold start. Audi will install upgraded tensioners at their cost during warranty period if you call this condition to their attention. I do not believe the party line from Audi that the rattle will not cause any damage so best to get this done if Audi will cover it. Not cheap if you are paying for this -- thousands of dollars.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Acuransx
Kevin, unless you have a portrait of yourself in your attic I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think you are going to be in any shape to be driving in 2919.............. -- LOL. If VAG continues along their recent path good chance they will no longer exist way before 2919.

Kevin, I'm going to need a new set of summer/fall/spring tires after this winter -- I'm also on 19" sport package -- how is the ride with those Michelins compared with the grand touring all seasons that the car was originally equipped with? I hear good things about the Michelins but our roads are garbage and I don't want to make a switch to a performance summer tire and degrade the ride. Your thoughts on this greatly appreciated, thx.

Best,
Jeff.
I am a vampire and have the gift of eternal life.

I am a big fan of season dedicated tires. They really show you what the Quattro is capable of on the twisties and in the snow (sometimes both at the same time!). I had the original Pirellis on the car for approx 3k miles when I couldn’t take it anymore. I replaced them with the Pilots and could tell the difference immediately. Great tires and you won’t regret the switch to season dedicated tires.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Kevin thanks. I have a set of Michelin X-ice for winter on a nice set of 18" OEM wheels in storage at Discount Tire. How is the ride with the Pilot Sport 4S as compared with the OEM tires which I assume were the Pirelli P7+ which ride very smoothly. Again, while I appreciate upgrade in handling given the sorry state of our roads I don't want to do anything to degrade the ride. Thx.

Jeff
Old 09-21-2018, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The Pirellis had a terrible ride and that’s why I got rid of them after 3k miles. The Michelin’s are significantly quieter and have a much better ride quality. They are also much better in the rain.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for that info Kevin.

Best,
Jeff