Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

3.0 TDI Settlement Info 1 Feb 2017

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DSL_PWR
Since we leased we are only being offered about $2500 + bosch.

I assume that a large class action will still come from this. Be interesting to see how it all plays out.
This actually is a settlement to a class action, basically. What are you looking for after this?
Old 05-29-2017, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DSL_PWR
Since we leased we are only being offered about $2500 + bosch.

I assume that a large class action will still come from this. Be interesting to see how it all plays out.
This is the class action. Same thing happened with the 2.0 engines. There were some private or "third" party suits in the 2.0 case, but I never heard how well they fared. Though I got a card from one or more lawyers literally every day when I settled on my TDI passat.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014a6tdi
This actually is a settlement to a class action, basically. What are you looking for after this?
I am still looking for diminished value or something along those lines. My car is worth about $10k less than it should be or so I was told by Audi the last time I took it in. That $2500 - $3500 won't even cover that if I decide to part ways with it. I was also told since it was part of the Gen 2 series that it could be fixed and I would basically be stuck with it unless I wanted to pony up the difference to get out of it.

Have recently begun talks with a lawyer who is handling some other Audi cases. So we will see what that brings.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just wanted to chime in and say that my claim was approved from A through Z. I am due to be at the dealer in a month to verify vehicle ownership and then they are supposed to arrange for 50% of the restitution payment. Nothing from Bosch though...
Old 06-08-2017, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

wonder if the Bosch is only paid after the "fix"? I cannot find any details on when it is paid other then if you are registered with Audi you are registered with Bosch. My appointment is July 6 for the 50% payment procedure.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is there any reason not to accept the claim. I filed one, submitted all paperwork to validate the claim but haven't gone to get the returned paperwork notarized. My concern was about the emissions fix is that Audi will provide a fix, but will also give a decision to a buyback even with the fix except for those who chose to agree to the emissions fix. Not sure if that makes sense or if I am overthinking it.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's clear from the court order the Bosch settlement is paid 10 business days after the claim is certified. Further it appears they check for new certified claims twice a week.

I'd guess you will see a check from Bosch after the dealership spot proving you still own the car and it's registered to you.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by treysbr
Is there any reason not to accept the claim. I filed one, submitted all paperwork to validate the claim but haven't gone to get the returned paperwork notarized. My concern was about the emissions fix is that Audi will provide a fix, but will also give a decision to a buyback even with the fix except for those who chose to agree to the emissions fix. Not sure if that makes sense or if I am overthinking it.
if you read the paperwork you will find your answer. Spoiler alert: there is even a use case where you get to keep the first half of the money and still sue vw!

December cannot come soon enough.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

For me the compelling reason to finish all the items for the 50% payment is as I read it once the "fix" is approved" you don't get the 50% option anymore meaning that either you accept the "fix" and get 100% or do nothing and get 0 except the $1500 from Bosch.
I did read that C&D tested a gen 3 2 liter before and after the fix and found no loss in performance but did not measure mileage or use of DEF fluid. Everyone thinks for sure DEF usage will probably at least double.
I will gladly take 50% of the $8456 they offered and the $1500 from Bosch and wait and see how the fix works out, or if none approved then look at the buyback which for me is estimated at $56K for 2014 A6 Prestige TDI with everything except heads up or just decide to keep it without the fix as Kansas has no testing or inspections.

Last edited by davidglt66; 06-11-2017 at 08:51 AM. Reason: added info
Old 06-09-2017, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a sticky dilemma. I lease and extended the term so my buy out is $28k. I could sell to a third party and they would be eligible for the Owner Settlement. All in, the cost of the car after all the settlements would be a little over $18k.

Think the car is worth more than $18k? "A" condition Prestige, no other options. 51k miles.

Buy the car out of lease, of take the $3,300 in Leasee Settlement and walk away?

Quick Reply: 3.0 TDI Settlement Info 1 Feb 2017