Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 Allroad 4g Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 12:05 AM
FPV
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 Allroad 4g Vibration

Hi Audi Owners !

I own a 2013 A6 4G Allroad , with a 3.0 204hp Tdi – Stronic gearbox.

I bought the car with 25k km, full service history, not one issue to be noted. Since then have been struggling with vibration issues.

Brand New P Zero's, wheels completely checked for bends or torsion, several 3D and roadforce alignments.
Brakes and disks ruled out.
Complete axle on the right side, and new CV joint on left side, with sight improvement on the vibration repercussion.
Cardan drive shaft appears to have no play at manual and visual inspection.
Both Gearbox oil and ATF checked, with no slight sign of fillings. It came out clean as a 40k km car should.

Quattro “Creep”/ Ackerman effect seems to be "amplified" in this car – Tried 3 same year vehicles, all with a slight judder in full lock at P and R, but mine seems to have 2/3 times more play in the same situation. ( No one can explain this )

Issue has been getting worse, and vibration can be felt especially under 2000rpm.

Vibration comes from under the central console/pedals.

Audi rep is suspecting DMF can be causing this. Goodwill offered IF it checks out that the DMF has abnormal wear (car has 40k km on the clock now).

No violent noise on start up, no “loose marbles” noise, only a slight harshness at start and shut down.
Idle and when redlight ( D + Brake) seems to have abnormal rev behaviour.
A little bit off a jerk when changing up or down gear.
Seems to improve at higher revs.

Has anyone had this symptoms related to DMF premature wear?

Even with goodwill, it’s an expensive reoair, especially if it doesn’t end it!

I have been struggling with this for a while now, and a lot of people seem to have similar vibration issues.

Will make shore to make an exhaustive report when and if I get to the bottom of this, as sanity is on the verge of being tested

Thanks People !