Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

ABT Sportsline parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
How fast do you have to go for the .75" spoiler to improve handling?
Kind of funny you ask. I think that to myself all the time. What is the true functionality of these things? Especially while driving in rush hour traffic. HAHA.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NVThs1
Kind of funny you ask. I think that to myself all the time. What is the true functionality of these things? Especially while driving in rush hour traffic. HAHA.
I saw an article on this once...it used a Mustang for testing and came to the conclusion that only the Lip spoilers gave any real improvement. Most of the others either had a negative effect or none at all. (the test was for real world driving, not racing)
Old 11-09-2012, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently looked into ABT Sportsline parts. The rear spoiler is the only part I don't want, lol.

I was quoted Front Lip Spoiler $1089 and Side Skirts $949 + shipping from Germany, paint and installation. Crazy expensive if you ask me.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
I saw an article on this once...it used a Mustang for testing and came to the conclusion that only the Lip spoilers gave any real improvement. Most of the others either had a negative effect or none at all. (the test was for real world driving, not racing)
So what you are saying is, I should cancel the order on the two foot post style carbon fiber wing that you see on Fast and Furious in exchange for the elegant one? I was 75% sure I was buying this soon, but I think I am 100% now. Most likely placing my order to make the vendors cut off for his order next week. No clue when it might go on or when it will show up.

Originally Posted by Tucker74
I recently looked into ABT Sportsline parts. The rear spoiler is the only part I don't want, lol.

I was quoted Front Lip Spoiler $1089 and Side Skirts $949 + shipping from Germany, paint and installation. Crazy expensive if you ask me.
I can't stand the back end personally, but love the front and skirts. Too bad they will not fit on my model. Who did you quote these through? I know I never got a call back from one of the original vendors in FL. This guy Justin Gill, seems to be on top of his game. Here is what he quoted me. Front $902+SH, Skirts $785+SH. I feel his shipping is a bit much, but he just matched some pricing on the west coast vendor on shipping. I think he already has his shipping costs calculated for the order he is placing next week, so my spoiler occupies so little additional space, that he is not paying much for adding it. His original shipping quote was based on my single item. So you need to catch him when he has an order to place and latch on. I think he will work with you from that regards. So that is $350 savings over your last quote roughly. He quoted me $5733.61 for the whole aero kit delivered to my door. I am kind of glad the pieces will not fit. I might have been dumb enough to buy the whole thing. $800 hardly seems bad installed anymore.

His e-mail by the way is gillmotorsports76@gmail.com Justin Gill. 603-267-6580.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

A quarter ounce of downforce?
Old 11-09-2012, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So what you are saying is, I should cancel the order on the two foot post style carbon fiber wing that you see on Fast and Furious in exchange for the elegant one? I was 75% sure I was buying this soon, but I think I am 100% now. Most likely placing my order to make the vendors cut off for his order next week. No clue when it might go on or when it will show up.

I can't stand the back end personally, but love the front and skirts. Too bad they will not fit on my model. Who did you quote these through? I know I never got a call back from one of the original vendors in FL. This guy Justin Gill, seems to be on top of his game. Here is what he quoted me. Front $902+SH, Skirts $785+SH. I feel his shipping is a bit much, but he just matched some pricing on the west coast vendor on shipping. I think he already has his shipping costs calculated for the order he is placing next week, so my spoiler occupies so little additional space, that he is not paying much for adding it. His original shipping quote was based on my single item. So you need to catch him when he has an order to place and latch on. I think he will work with you from that regards. So that is $350 savings over your last quote roughly. He quoted me $5733.61 for the whole aero kit delivered to my door. I am kind of glad the pieces will not fit. I might have been dumb enough to buy the whole thing. $800 hardly seems bad installed anymore.

Haha...sometimes if it looks cool...

Technically they do fit on your model...The S-Line trim we have on our Prestige trimmed cars is Audi's competitive offering. You could replace the Front/Sides with the ABT offerings...right?

UPDATE: nevermind...I was just thinking about the sides

Last edited by manishaudi; 11-09-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
Technically they do fit on your model...The S-Line trim we have on our Prestige trimmed cars is Audi's competitive offering. You could replace the Front/Sides with the ABT offerings...right?

UPDATE: nevermind...I was just thinking about the sides
You are right though. I could replace the front, sides, and back with the other spec pieces from Audi and than I can buy the expensive ABT stuff to slap on. Based on the cost of Factory Audi parts, I am guess double the price for sure on executing that. Our S-line front end looks a lot like the ABT except the center gap is larger on the ABT. Hardly worth the price.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My quote was from a local distributor here in SoCal. I didn't shop around after that but I will drop Justin an email. What is the ETA he is quoting you?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tucker74
My quote was from a local distributor here in SoCal. I didn't shop around after that but I will drop Justin an email. What is the ETA he is quoting you?
I think that was the other guy I was talking to. His name was Sev. He was higher on the items but cheaper on shipping. Just ask Justin to help on shipping if need be.

I talked to Justin tonight on the phone. He plans on drop shipping to my desired address direct. He said his last order arrived in four days after he placed it to his NH office. He sounded surprised about that speed. So I am hoping to have the piece by Thanksgiving. If so I am going to see if my body guy can have it painted over the weekend. All in all my goal is to have it on by December.

Justin is also getting ready to street test an ecu upgrade. He briefly explained it as it is a system that can easily be reversed. They are advertising the same bumps in power that others do. I need to learn a bit more about the product before I decide on it.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have an update for anyone waiting to see how my experience went before making a decision.

Spoiler arrived very quickly after the order was placed. Very solid product. There is a goofy recessed area in the center to put an ABT badge, but that is being filled in by my body guy. I am not a walking billboard for free.

My body guy likes the product as well. Fit is real good as you can see by the teaser photo attached. That is just the trunk piece without the side flanking pieces. He does not see the need to really "work" to get this to fit properly. So that makes me happy. He is prepping and painting within the week, and it is going on sometime next week when our schedules line up.

So to report, although expensive, it seems worth the money in quality thus far. Service from Gill Racing is great and I just wish more products fit my car so I can do the rest of the kit. I will post the final result after it is attached next week
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: ABT Sportsline parts