AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   Air Bag Recall (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/air-bag-recall-2960342/)

mdskiman521 10-09-2018 04:07 AM

Air Bag Recall

My air bag light is on solid and the "airbag off" light is on when anyone sits in the front seat. I had taken my car in for the Water Pump recall and told them my airbag light was coming on periodically. Their response was to flash the airbag system.

Now I'm out a front seat and I'm completely disgusted with Audi. I'm about to file a complaint with NHTSA.

DanfZX14 10-09-2018 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by mdskiman521 (Post 25221607)
My air bag light is on solid and the "airbag off" light is on when anyone sits in the front seat. I had taken my car in for the Water Pump recall and told them my airbag light was coming on periodically. Their response was to flash the airbag system.

Now I'm out a front seat and I'm completely disgusted with Audi. I'm about to file a complaint with NHTSA.

Sounds like an incompetent dealer. Do you have another one in the area you could try?

DDM 10-10-2018 04:52 AM

Your PODS body sense mat and/or module is apparently malfunctioning. NHTSA already knows about it, Campaign 18V-370/Safety Recall 74D5 but I would still file a complaint since it might help put pressure on VAG to expedite repairs. The latest letter I got (July 2018) said "repair is not yet available" but supposedly the replacement parts went into production back in April.

mdskiman521 10-11-2018 04:49 AM

Hard to believe it takes so long to make parts. I have a car I can't sell and only partially use. Very disappointed with Audi.

gguy 10-11-2018 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by mdskiman521 (Post 25222521)
Hard to believe it takes so long to make parts. I have a car I can't sell and only partially use. Very disappointed with Audi.

It is a strange deal. Audi is cutting their own throat too. They are sitting on a lot of 2018 A6's right now that can't be sold until the parts are available and the 2019's are due in November. They are going to have to have a fire sale on the 2018's when the parts get in.

kevrhof 10-12-2018 06:08 AM

I'm going to assume you went to Rockville, I've never had a good experience there. I've never gone to silver spring but I'd rank the DC dealerships

Chantilly - by far
Arlington
Bethesda
Tysons
Rockville

mdskiman521 10-12-2018 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by kevrhof (Post 25222921)
I'm going to assume you went to Rockville, I've never had a good experience there. I've never gone to silver spring but I'd rank the DC dealerships

Chantilly - by far
Arlington
Bethesda
Tysons
Rockville

Thanks, I'm not traveling to NVA much right now but if I did I would try Chantilly. I was thinking about Frederick. There are several reasons I would never go back to Rockville.