Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Ambient Light Adjustment. RMC Hidden Menu problem.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 09:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ambient Light Adjustment. RMC Hidden Menu problem.

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum and I already have a bit though question.

So, the issue is that I have Audi A6 C7 with MMI 3G low/RMC and I would like to enable the ambience light (footwell light) adjustment. I have coded them on from VCDS and now the lights are on, but they are really dim. I know that the next step would be to activate the access to hidden menu (done) and from there activate the light adjustment (car >> cardevicelist and so on).

The problem is that, I can access the hidden menu, but the menu is different in this MMI 3G low/RMC and there is no car or cardevicelist -menu or anything similar to that.

Any ideas how to enable footwell light adjustment with this MMI version. If it’s not possible, what would be sufficient for me, is that I just could adjust it to “max” from VCDS. Does anyone know if there is some adaption/channel to adjust?

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2016, 02:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

if you go to car systems in your MMI, there will be an interior lighting setting. Look inside vehicle settings. You can adjust your brightness there.

There isn't a setting specifically for the footwell. Also, this isn't a hidden setting that you needed to code.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Unfortunately this was not the case. Naturally I had already scrolled through MMI menus and there is nothing that would relate to interior lighting. Under vehicle settings the closest is exterior lightning -submenu, but no sign of interior. Display brightness only effects on dash/display, checked.

I did also had to activate the extended ambiance lightning with VCDS. Before that the footwell lights were not on during driving. Now, they are on, but they are really dim. I would need the adjustment activated or hard fix it to most brightest with VCDS (if that is possible).
Old 01-27-2016, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Oh wow that's odd. Just FYI the door also has ambient lighting right by the handle. It's also controlled by the brightness setting.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think it is because of the MMI 3G low/RMC or because I don’t have addition ambience lightning package. The footwell lights are there, but as a default they are on only when doors are opened. Now, I coded them to be on during driving as well. Yes, there is red light in the handle. In my Audi there is a small **** next to exterior light buttons. **** adjusts all lights; dash, display, this handle light. Also there is a separate display brightness adjustment in MMI menu, which only adjusts display. Sadly, neither one of these has effect on footwell brightness.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Red light? What year is your car?

It should be a white strip of light. Similar to the footwell color.

Also, I checked the options, there is no ambient light package.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I mean the door handle “pocket”, where you stick your fingers when opening door, the light is red. Same red lights are in front dome to slightly illuminate dashboard and gear selector area. There is no light stripes in door panels (I know what you mean.)

My A6 is 2011 C7/G4.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuore
I mean the door handle “pocket”, where you stick your fingers when opening door, the light is red. Same red lights are in front dome to slightly illuminate dashboard and gear selector area. There is no light stripes in door panels (I know what you mean.)

My A6 is 2011 C7/G4.
As you may have noticed, not posting your make, model, relevant options and location you will get answers that may or may not be of any use.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

True, true! On the other hand, this topic is under A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion and I did mention my car already in opening post Have to add the car details though.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry for the confusion. I was only trying to help. It's confusing cuz my 2013 A6 is a C7

Quick Reply: Ambient Light Adjustment. RMC Hidden Menu problem.