Another newbie question - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another newbie question

Reply

 
 
Old 03-24-2014, 07:34 AM
  #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA, Central Point, OR
Posts: 58
Default Another newbie question

Greetings, can I get some feedback on the rear seat curtain option? Worthwhile or a waste of $$.
C21bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:26 AM
  #2
AudiWorld Member
 
mwar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 445
Default

Originally Posted by C21bill View Post
Greetings, can I get some feedback on the rear seat curtain option? Worthwhile or a waste of $$.
Just get some good tint. The rear window shade rattles with the bass coming through the rear deck speakers. Just my opinion.
mwar99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:59 AM
  #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA, Central Point, OR
Posts: 58
Default

Originally Posted by mwar99 View Post
Just get some good tint. The rear window shade rattles with the bass coming through the rear deck speakers. Just my opinion.
Thanks Mwar!
C21bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:36 PM
  #4
AudiWorld Member
 
NightCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 137
Default

Originally Posted by C21bill View Post
Greetings, can I get some feedback on the rear seat curtain option? Worthwhile or a waste of $$.
I have the rear sunshade and have no problem with it rattling. I personally love it, along with the manual side sunshades that come with it. I would buy it again in a second.
NightCrawler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:09 PM
  #5
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 2,858
Default

Originally Posted by NightCrawler View Post
I have the rear sunshade and have no problem with it rattling.
Mine definitely rattles with the bass. But in the '14 models Audi moved the subwoofer to the spare tire well so maybe it's no longer an issue.
RobC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:57 PM
  #6
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 276
Default

I have it, and I've had it on my last car too. On the last car in two years I've used it a whopping two times, and this was only to show off to my friends that I have the option. On my audi, so far I've used this twice as well ... also to show off to my friends that I have this option.

If I had the option to order it individually, I would not get it. Its pointless.
Just my two cents.
Superfly_A6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:01 AM
  #7
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
DB22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 1,493
Default

If you like tint then no need for shades. If you like the option of using or not using then go for the shades. The only problem with tint is that you cannot remove the benefit at night when you want the lighter interior. I used the rear shade in the day for sunshade and at night to filter rear headlights but every time I would put it in reverse it would lower the shade and I had to manually raise it again. I am not sure that this is the operational mode of the Audi as my last car was an Acura RL.
Having said that, I had shades before and used them all of the time but on my new A6 I got it tinted.
DB22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:37 AM
  #8
Audiworld Junior Member
 
BigDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 95
Default

Had the rear sunshade in my 09 VW CC. When I built my '14, I added the option. Only $500 and I use it frequently during day driving. When raining I usually lower it. The side shades I leave in the up position and I have full tint. It adds to the interior niceness IMO. Would definitely add it to my next vehicle.
BigDawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:13 AM
  #9
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA, Central Point, OR
Posts: 58
Default

Seems like the folks with the B&O sound system have the rattling rear shade syndrome. I guess the way to go is order either shades or B&O but not both.
C21bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:25 AM
  #10
AudiWorld Member
 
mwar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 445
Default

Originally Posted by DB22 View Post
If you like tint then no need for shades. If you like the option of using or not using then go for the shades. The only problem with tint is that you cannot remove the benefit at night when you want the lighter interior. I used the rear shade in the day for sunshade and at night to filter rear headlights but every time I would put it in reverse it would lower the shade and I had to manually raise it again. I am not sure that this is the operational mode of the Audi as my last car was an Acura RL.
Having said that, I had shades before and used them all of the time but on my new A6 I got it tinted.
I believe there may be an option in the MMI regarding the rear shade, don't recall if it is to keep it from moving while in reverse, or to have it go back up when you start driving forward.
mwar99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
dth930
Telematics Discussion
1
09-29-2015 07:06 AM
mug23
A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
1
09-27-2015 10:28 AM
audiinnj
A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
6
09-17-2015 08:37 PM
myroad
Audi A3 / S3 /RS 3 MKII
10
09-17-2015 06:41 PM
bilbo6209
A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion
0
09-09-2015 01:28 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:24 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: