Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Another newbie question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 07:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another newbie question

Greetings, can I get some feedback on the rear seat curtain option? Worthwhile or a waste of $$.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C21bill
Greetings, can I get some feedback on the rear seat curtain option? Worthwhile or a waste of $$.
Just get some good tint. The rear window shade rattles with the bass coming through the rear deck speakers. Just my opinion.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mwar99
Just get some good tint. The rear window shade rattles with the bass coming through the rear deck speakers. Just my opinion.
Thanks Mwar!
Old 03-24-2014, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C21bill
I have the rear sunshade and have no problem with it rattling. I personally love it, along with the manual side sunshades that come with it. I would buy it again in a second.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NightCrawler
I have the rear sunshade and have no problem with it rattling.
Mine definitely rattles with the bass. But in the '14 models Audi moved the subwoofer to the spare tire well so maybe it's no longer an issue.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have it, and I've had it on my last car too. On the last car in two years I've used it a whopping two times, and this was only to show off to my friends that I have the option. On my audi, so far I've used this twice as well ... also to show off to my friends that I have this option.

If I had the option to order it individually, I would not get it. Its pointless.
Just my two cents.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

If you like tint then no need for shades. If you like the option of using or not using then go for the shades. The only problem with tint is that you cannot remove the benefit at night when you want the lighter interior. I used the rear shade in the day for sunshade and at night to filter rear headlights but every time I would put it in reverse it would lower the shade and I had to manually raise it again. I am not sure that this is the operational mode of the Audi as my last car was an Acura RL.
Having said that, I had shades before and used them all of the time but on my new A6 I got it tinted.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Had the rear sunshade in my 09 VW CC. When I built my '14, I added the option. Only $500 and I use it frequently during day driving. When raining I usually lower it. The side shades I leave in the up position and I have full tint. It adds to the interior niceness IMO. Would definitely add it to my next vehicle.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Seems like the folks with the B&O sound system have the rattling rear shade syndrome. I guess the way to go is order either shades or B&O but not both.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
If you like tint then no need for shades. If you like the option of using or not using then go for the shades. The only problem with tint is that you cannot remove the benefit at night when you want the lighter interior. I used the rear shade in the day for sunshade and at night to filter rear headlights but every time I would put it in reverse it would lower the shade and I had to manually raise it again. I am not sure that this is the operational mode of the Audi as my last car was an Acura RL.
Having said that, I had shades before and used them all of the time but on my new A6 I got it tinted.
I believe there may be an option in the MMI regarding the rear shade, don't recall if it is to keep it from moving while in reverse, or to have it go back up when you start driving forward.

Quick Reply: Another newbie question