Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

anyone else have lurching during acceleration in '14 A6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading this thread I looked for it this morning on my drive to work. After shifting into drive there is definitely a pronounced lurch between first and second. That's the only time it did it. Every other start from a stop after that was fine. I'm sure it's always been like that, I've just gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NightCrawler
After reading this thread I looked for it this morning on my drive to work. After shifting into drive there is definitely a pronounced lurch between first and second. That's the only time it did it. Every other start from a stop after that was fine. I'm sure it's always been like that, I've just gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me.
Correct! That's how I dealt with it knowing the fact that Audi could not do anything to improve it.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

'13, same problem. TSB helped but didn't completely eliminate the problem, only exists after a cold start, once the trans/engine is warm it goes away. I just chalk it up as a vehicle quirk.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NightCrawler
+1
Old 01-11-2017, 05:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyone still having this issue? My Transmission software is totally up to date but I still have this happen quite often.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rococo
Anyone still having this issue? My Transmission software is totally up to date but I still have this happen quite often.
I get kicked in the butt by it every now and then, I think I have learned to tame it.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
I get kicked in the butt by it every now and then, I think I have learned to tame it.
I've had the same issue with my 2012 A6 despite having the TSBs applied. For me, if it happens at all, it is only when leaving work. The driveway from the parking lot onto the main road is a downward slope and at least once a week, just after starting the engine and maneuvering through the parking lot, as I apply the brakes on the hill, the tranny will downshift with the lurch.

For me, the problem only happens just after starting a cold engine and when the car downshifts as you apply brakes on a hill.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

My other German vehicle had a serious and infrequent downshifting issue, it felt like the rear diff fell off and would jerk you forward, this was seemingly random and usually on the highway. It ended up being the transmission valve body which had to be replaced with an updated version along with a corresponding TCU. These symptoms sound far less serious, I haven't noticed anything but will look for it.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rococo
Yep. My transmission software is up to date too. What's worse is my car stutters through the first 3 gears during moderate to hard acceleration. I took the car in twice to the dealer and both times they held on to the car 3-4 days to consult with Audi America. Nothing has been done. And each time I've picked up the car they said they couldn't duplicate the problem.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by CalAudiSix
Yep. My transmission software is up to date too. What's worse is my car stutters through the first 3 gears during moderate to hard acceleration. I took the car in twice to the dealer and both times they held on to the car 3-4 days to consult with Audi America. Nothing has been done. And each time I've picked up the car they said they couldn't duplicate the problem.
That really sucks!

Quick Reply: anyone else have lurching during acceleration in '14 A6?