Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Anyone know how to erase entire phone memory on the MMI?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just figured that out about an hour ago! But thanks so much. I don't know why I thought it was telephone and not directory but worked like a charm. I didn't realize at first that you had to not only check the box, but scroll down to the end to initialize the reset. It then shuts down the entire MMI system and restarts it. Thanks again everyone for the help.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WannaS6
I did the restore defaults but it doesn't do anything. There's no way to "activate" restore defaults. You put a little check in the box by telephone, and then ... nothing. There's no enter button and it isn't just getting out of that screen. It just doesn't do anything. I'll stop at the dealer, thanks all for trying to help. I'll also check the manual but I'm guessing that'll be useless. BMW is looking better and better
thanks for this thread - i was going crazy trying to erase contacts from 4 previous devices to get my new one uploaded with 1700 contacts..... as you say, you have to check that directory box, then scroll down to activate it!! LOL seems so obvious now - thanks for everyone's help.

DP
Old 10-06-2014, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same Problem with my Audi A4

Did anyone figure out how to delete the stored directories. I bought the A4 used about 4 months and there or stored directories in memory that I can't figure out how to delete. It's kind of a pain because the directories have some similar names so it's difficult to find the correct number to dial. I tried delete the directory but it just deletes my phone.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Didn't you read the last few posts in this thread?
Old 10-16-2014, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Didn't you read the last few posts in this thread?
Obviously not. lol. Actually, I just did a quick peruse but went back and read them carefully and amazingly it worked. I guess the frustration had already set in by that point. Insanity is doing the same over and over and expecting a new result. Hmmm
Old 03-03-2015, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

does anyone know how to make two directories from one? I'd like to make a directory for frequently used numbers.

thanks,

hank
Old 03-03-2015, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by HankJ
does anyone know how to make two directories from one? I'd like to make a directory for frequently used numbers.

thanks,

hank
Save them as favorites, but they'd still be in the bigger directory. I guess it will depend on how many frequently used #'s you have to determine if it makes sense
Old 03-04-2015, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks irenesbob, but I'm not sure what that means or how to do that. I'm quite new to the latest generation of Audis.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I purchased a used 2013 A6. Previous owner(s) had 4 cell phones and therefore, 'private' directories stored in the MMI. I could replace only one when I paired my phone. I have walked every MMI menu thread and do not find any "restore defaults" choice. Which menu thread are you seeing this on, noservice?
Old 09-06-2015, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jforman
I purchased a used 2013 A6. Previous owner(s) had 4 cell phones and therefore, 'private' directories stored in the MMI. I could replace only one when I paired my phone. I have walked every MMI menu thread and do not find any "restore defaults" choice. Which menu thread are you seeing this on, noservice?
Go to page 44 of your 2013 "MMI Navigation" manual.

Quick Reply: Anyone know how to erase entire phone memory on the MMI?