Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Anyway to Skip a song from the wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Holy Batman. All this angst over one missing button that duplicates one 6" away from the shift lever resulting in enough misery to dump the C7 A6, possibly the best overall Audi sedan ever?
No offense, but....wow.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Holy Batman. All this angst over one missing button that duplicates one 6" away from the shift lever resulting in enough misery to dump the C7 A6, possibly the best overall Audi sedan ever?
No offense, but....wow.
Just frustrated by the MMI overall to be honest, it looks really pretty, but is a huge functional step down from the Sync in my 2012 GT Mustang track car...

I find myself wishing for that system in my audi every day, it is terrible. /end of rant.

sorry.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

while i'm not on your level of hatred for the missing next/back button i can feel your pain. every car i've owned the last 6-8 years has had a next button somewhere. having to do it through the small lcd/mmi/buttons on console is a pain when you're used to it being right on your wheel. just takes some readjusting, i dont know if i'd dump the car just for that reason though lol
Old 02-22-2017, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm with you. It's ridiculous. Why can't I just hit a button to go to next station or next song!! You have to go through so many steps and take your eyes off the road, I hate it! So much for modern technology which is only good for causing accidents!
Old 02-22-2017, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Is there an easier way to go to next station or next song or go back a song! Yeah, I got rid of my Lexus cause you had to use mouse! This is even worse! Help!
Old 02-22-2017, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree there are issues with the radio which I generally use on my commute, I have the six stations programmed but still have a lot of eye of the road time with it. The little pad doesn't work every time and I always have to look down to use it. The next buttons I don't mind as much but yes they should be on the wheel, either using the left scroll or buttons on the right back side of the wheel like the pig has.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Activate voice command and say "next track".
Old 02-23-2017, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

You're all driving your Audis wrong. You're supposed to lean back in the seat with your left hand holding the top of the steering wheel and your arm completely straight. Your right hand rests on the shifter. You should be hunched back, wearing sunglasses, and have a jacket with the collar propped up. Bonus points for having a sweet 80's hair-do and some leather driving gloves with holes in the knuckles.

Drive like that and the audio controls are in the perfect spot.

Last edited by bkaz; 02-23-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just tried that and can confirm that the misplaced audio buttons are actually in the perfect spot now with thus sitting position. So many months of frustrating with these buttons and finally the issue is solved! Happy now!
Old 02-24-2017, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by bkaz
You're all driving your Audis wrong. You're supposed to lean back in the seat with your left hand holding the top of the steering wheel and your arm completely straight. Your right hand rests on the shifter. You should be hunched back, wearing sunglasses, and have a jacket with the collar propped up. Bonus points for having a sweet 80's hair-do and some leather driving gloves with holes in the knuckles.

Drive like that and the audio controls are in the perfect spot.
Glad to know I've been doing it right all along less the mullet!!!

Quick Reply: Anyway to Skip a song from the wheel?