Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi A6 3.0T Throttle Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A6 3.0T Throttle Issue

Hi Members,
I have a 2014 Audi A6 3.0T Premium. when I am driving in Sports mode and press on accelerator the pick is not smooth, i get some jerks and also when I brake i get the same thing. I am not sure whats causing the issue. This happens only when I drive in Sports mode
Has anyone experienced it before?
Please respond friends.

Regards
Audi User.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

probably needs an update in your transmission programming
Old 02-14-2018, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have a 2014 3.0T too and mine does the same thing plus shudder during acceleration in both Comfort and Sport modes. I took it to the dealer three times and they say it's normal every time. I have the latest software update.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by CalAudiSix
I have a 2014 3.0T too and mine does the same thing plus shudder during acceleration in both Comfort and Sport modes. I took it to the dealer three times and they say it's normal every time. I have the latest software update.
Any chance you have another dealer in your area you could try?
Old 02-14-2018, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by saurabhdesh53
Hi Members,
I have a 2014 Audi A6 3.0T Premium. when I am driving in Sports mode and press on accelerator the pick is not smooth, i get some jerks and also when I brake i get the same thing. I am not sure whats causing the issue. This happens only when I drive in Sports mode
Has anyone experienced it before?
Please respond friends.

Regards
Audi User.
Mine will exhibit these symptoms at times, especially at slow speeds in lower gears. From everything I have read it seems to be the way Audi has the programming set up for sport mode. Sorry I do not have a better answer...But boy when I really get on it in sport mode it does have some kahunas!

Last edited by DanfZX14; 02-14-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

There are numerous posts from people who don't post their location and as the engine and transmission programs vary by location then the responses maybe invalid.
As you can see, I am located in the US and my transmission will jerk when decelerating from a slow speed to a stop but only when the engine is cold. The OP, wherever he may be, states the issue with acceleration and deceleration and also implies a throttle issue. My issue is considered normal and Audi will not do anything about it. BTW - it is exacerbated by the Chipwerke add-on. More details are required from the OP and from responders.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
Any chance you have another dealer in your area you could try?
Yes. I'm going to start having my services at another dealer from now on. I've only been going to this dealer because that's where I bought the car from. And I hear other dealers are not too keen on doing warranty work on cars bought from other dealers.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

When I first got my 2012 A6, the transmission was pretty clunky in both comfort and sport. I used VCDS to 'Reset all adaptations' on the transmission, which seemed to improve the clunking. Then, over time as it learned *my* driving style, it has gotten a lot better. Or, I just got used to it. Really, I would like an option to disable adaptive transmission entirely.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jmsurpri
When I first got my 2012 A6, the transmission was pretty clunky in both comfort and sport. I used VCDS to 'Reset all adaptations' on the transmission, which seemed to improve the clunking. Then, over time as it learned *my* driving style, it has gotten a lot better. Or, I just got used to it. Really, I would like an option to disable adaptive transmission entirely.
unless you have had the transmission upgrade then you could be due and notice some improvement. Unfortunately, the upgrade does not cure the issue that I previously described but I heard that it has helped numerous owners of the older cars.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DB22

unless you have had the transmission upgrade then you could be due and notice some improvement. Unfortunately, the upgrade does not cure the issue that I previously described but I heard that it has helped numerous owners of the older cars.
What's the transmission upgrade? Is it something dealer will do for free?

Quick Reply: Audi A6 3.0T Throttle Issue