Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi A6 Fuel door issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 02:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have the OPPOSITE problem with Gas Cap Door!!!

This morning I was walking by my car while putting out the trash, and for whatever reason I checked the door. The car was locked up tight, my key was not on me, and the mirrors were folded shut indicating all is locked.

To my surprise the Gas Cap Door OPENED!!!

I closed and opened it several times....now this really upset me....if you live in a big bad city like me, this is not good security.

Has anyone had this issue?

(PS - I just got out of the dealership with another issue with A/C which just up and failed. Apparently they are having an issue with a sensor, which failed....there is a new part number to address that issue, the car was in and out in a matter of 2 hours, so this must be something they are working on a lot)

And...just to stir the pot....I too leave my car on when filling most of the time. For me its simply a convenience. It is very hot where I live, and I dont want to have the car cool for one second especially when my beautiful wife is in the car all done up!

To my Canuck friend....I too lived in Canada years ago....you people are really brainwashed by your Gov.....environmental BS and the like. Fees for "environmental impact" when buying a computer, monitor just about anything in canada...adding on 15$ for GOV Env impact...ha ha B.S. they just take the money and WASTE IT......I dont care if its a "waste of gas", its MY money and I can do anything I want with it including WASTING GAS.....frankly you should be PROMOTING GAS usage given Canada GDP is so intertwined with Fossil fuel production and right now you are getting royaly screwed...thats why your dollar is only worth .75...... and I can think of a MILLION things that could happen before filling with car on can cause a problem at the pump, including a brake failure pulling in and running through the pumps!!!

Government EVERYWHERE is TOO BIG, and TOO CONTROLLING. It is frightening to see what has happened here in America the past 8 years, with GOV growing like a monster. If you ever seen the movie BRAZIL.....this is where we are HEADING FAST!!! Time to fight back....and I guess the leaving the ignition on is my little protest to Government BS!!!!

Hope others might feel the same way....it is getting outright dangerous with Gov regulation controlling nearly everything we do. Say NO to political correctness!!!!!

Allright....my apologies for going off the reservation!!! (oops I think that is politically incorrect)
Old 10-06-2020, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fuel door actuator

Do you happen to have the procedure to replace the actuator?
thank you.

Originally Posted by Jatmobil
There is a known issue with the fuel door actuator (it also sometimes goes by the name "throttle control element"). Please refer to the diagram below. The latest revision is "D" making the part number 4L0862153C to 4L0862153D.

The older actuator sometimes "sticks", thus showing the symptoms that you are complaining about. I had the same problem, especially in cold weather. I was out of warranty so just forked over $50 for a new one and changed it myself!
The following users liked this post:
Joseph Kohler Jr. (12-26-2020)