Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Drive Select

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
Plus driving through the mountains of Colorado using the paddle shifters is just a TON of fun. For context, my A4 was a manual... I do miss the manual sometimes... nothing like a little heel/toe work. But the A6 more than makes up for it with power, being smooth, and comfortable for 4. Our last trip up the mountain I had a 6'3" guy in the back seat - and he claimed to be comfortable! I couldnt have gotten him into the A4 without a shoehorn.
Yeah, I miss the high mountain driving - my 2001 A6 2.7t was a blast at altitude - almost no power loss with the twin turbos. Here in SE MA, we do have our share of twisty rural roads though. As for a manual, the only thing I miss from years ago is the exercise. My last manual was a '89 Taurus SHO. Gobs of power for a 4-door back then but the clutch was heavy like driving a truck. The SHO was all but destroyed in a freak wind/hailstorm in Denver. $14K damage in a car worth then at $17K. Needless to say, I dumped it a few months after the repairs. There were still bits of rear window glass falling out of the front a/c vents when I traded it.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:13 PM
fcd
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have additional questions re: the Drive Select System. Is the default setting the same as Auto? Does your settings revert back to the last used setting every time you start the car? I was just wondering because mine seems to be on "default" setting and won't remember the last used setting. Thanks
Old 10-11-2012, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fcd
I have additional questions re: the Drive Select System. Is the default setting the same as Auto? Does your settings revert back to the last used setting every time you start the car? I was just wondering because mine seems to be on "default" setting and won't remember the last used setting. Thanks
It should save the last used settings. So if you set it to comfort, and then park for the night, it should remember it. Would imagine the same applies to Dynamic.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 PM
fcd
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by directorguy7
It should save the last used settings. So if you set it to comfort, and then park for the night, it should remember it. Would imagine the same applies to Dynamic.
I did mention mine doesn't do this. It does not remember the last used ADS setting I picked. So if I picked Dynamic, parked for the night, it goes back to "default". Is this a problem with the MMI software, or is this exclusive to engine/transmission choice? I have the 2.0T CVT version.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fcd
I did mention mine doesn't do this. It does not remember the last used ADS setting I picked. So if I picked Dynamic, parked for the night, it goes back to "default". Is this a problem with the MMI software, or is this exclusive to engine/transmission choice? I have the 2.0T CVT version.
Try this:
Get everything set the way you like it. Seats, mirrors, drive select. Use the set button on the door to store your settings. Exit the car, lock the door with your key.

I believe it will remember your drive select on the next try....

jc
Old 10-17-2012, 06:44 PM
fcd
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
Try this:
Get everything set the way you like it. Seats, mirrors, drive select. Use the set button on the door to store your settings. Exit the car, lock the door with your key.

I believe it will remember your drive select on the next try....

jc
Thanks for the response MileHighJC. I tried it and it wouldn't work. It does remember the seat setting and mirrors but doesn't remember the ADS. I intentionally picked Dynamic as you can see the symbol S>D on the dash to determine it's dynamic. It goes back to default. Unless there's something I didn't think of...
Old 10-17-2012, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by fcd
Thanks for the response MileHighJC. I tried it and it wouldn't work. It does remember the seat setting and mirrors but doesn't remember the ADS. I intentionally picked Dynamic as you can see the symbol S>D on the dash to determine it's dynamic. It goes back to default. Unless there's something I didn't think of...
My 2013 A6 3.0T also remembers the last settings. Perhaps the A6 2.0 w/CVT or a 2012 does not for some reason? Maybe someone else with a 2012 A6 can confirm one way or the other with either engine if it remembers the settings.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
My 2013 A6 3.0T also remembers the last settings. Perhaps the A6 2.0 w/CVT or a 2012 does not for some reason? Maybe someone else with a 2012 A6 can confirm one way or the other with either engine if it remembers the settings.
My 2012 remembers its ADS settings. I use the Custom setting with:

Seatbelt - Dynamic
Suspension - Dynamic
Engine/trans - Auto
Old 10-18-2012, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think the issue may be that the dash display doesn't show the "S" indicator if you have the engine set to dynamic mode in the MMI, only if you use the shift handle to switch to "S" mode(?).

I have a 2013 and it remembers that I leave it on dynamic for all settings on the MMI every time I get in the car. But it does NOT show the "S" on my dash display.

Maybe somebody else can confirm this... does the "S" indicator always show up if you're in dynamic mode?
Old 10-18-2012, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by peterlandler
I think the issue may be that the dash display doesn't show the "S" indicator if you have the engine set to dynamic mode in the MMI, only if you use the shift handle to switch to "S" mode(?).

I have a 2013 and it remembers that I leave it on dynamic for all settings on the MMI every time I get in the car. But it does NOT show the "S" on my dash display.

Maybe somebody else can confirm this... does the "S" indicator always show up if you're in dynamic mode?
That seems to be the case for me. Last driving setting would be in Dynamic mode but when I restart the car later, the "D" indicator would show up on the dash. Although the MMI setting shows that the car is in Dynamic (last mode) and drives like its in Dynamic mode.

Quick Reply: Audi Drive Select