Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Simple Styling (A6 saloon to RS6 facelift)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 04:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love how you posted your whole build after majority were done

Any plans for either painting or wrapping the roof black? I think it will compliment the black package well. And black rings too please :P

Awesome looking car!
Old 04-07-2015, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Impressive mods. I wonder if at some point as they continue to be done it will have been easier (and almost the same cost?) to have purchased an RS6 instead.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 180 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Impressive mods. I wonder if at some point as they continue to be done it will have been easier (and almost the same cost?) to have purchased an RS6 instead.
Audi don't offer an C7 RS6 saloon anywhere so it really is unique
The following users liked this post:
schalliol (05-10-2021)
Old 04-07-2015, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Well done

You rock. This is very ambitious and congratulations on yourachievement..
Old 04-07-2015, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you cant buy it make it.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by John Simcox
Audi don't offer an C7 RS6 saloon anywhere so it really is unique
True. I was thinking of the RS6 Avant.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Looks awesome
Old 04-09-2015, 09:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by yoonskim
Any plans for either painting or wrapping the roof black? I think it will compliment the black package well. And black rings too please :P
Have to disagree. I think he did an awesome job of achieving a great balance between the black, red, and silver/chrome. The bright silver wheels and just the one touch of chrome to break up the grille.. I think it looks perfect as is.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks everybody for the nice words!

It was a complex job, but i love the outcome.

@snagitseven - i prefer the Saloon instead of the Avant (personal taste). The cost and everything i did to my car probably would be similar to what an RS6 would cost, but it is not so much about cost here. I want/ed to do something different to my car, hopefully not looking ridiculous, and enjoy mi 3.0T as much as i can.

On the side note the car runs now smoothly at aprox. 490HP and 600Nm of torque with the standard gear box software. Once we can write new software into the gear box, there will probably go over 500hp and more than 600Nm of torque.

Considering the weight difference between the two cars (A6 3.0T and RS6) it will have similar power and HP/Kg ratio.

This way it will be a very nice 3.0T setup to compliment the styling package.

@yoonskim - thank you! I always considered the rings should stay as they are. There are situations when black rings would compliment the car, but it is not my case (at least from my point of view).

I am very happy with how everything is looking now - i don't think i have anything else in plan for the exterior.

@chrisny - Thanks, this is exactly what i wanted - to have it well balanced from a colour point of view.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Full LED Upgrade (from bi-xenon headlights)

Installing the Full LED OEM headlights (upgrade from bixenon OEM headlights):

Parts needed:

- LED headlights (see eBay.de for example)
- Headlights computers (3 for each headlight: power modules, adaptive lights computer, etc. - check Audi Elsa for these in order to have the right part codes)
- Fans for the headlights (1 for each headlight)
- Adaptation cables (Adapter Xenon-Scheinwerfer Audi A6, A7 4G-38886)
- Under the dash control unit (Control unit - central electric LED headlight Audi A6, A7 4G-39811)
- Audi VAS system to code the above items

*Depending on your setup (with/without AFS you might want to consider this kit :

aLWR Komplett-Set Audi A6 4G-38837_M

The guys from Kufatec will help you know exactly what you need based on your car VIN so you don’t have to worry about getting the right parts for the setup.)

The adaptation cables and the under the dash computer can be purchased online from Kufatec.de (at least this is what i did, see the above links). You need the under the dash control unit to be new in order to code it with the new values specific for the LED headlights. Unfortunately the existing computer even if it has the exact part number (like i did) cannot be re-coded.

The installation is quite easy:

- remove the bumper
- remove the headlights
- remove the left wheel housing protector (you can remove the fender as well for easier installation, but it will then take a little bit more time: you need to realign the fender with the rest of the parts of the car when done, etc.). Note: The installation in my case was done with the fender removed as well.
- remove the under the dash case (the one with the controller for headlights, head-up, etc.)
- connect the cable from Kufatec to both headlights using the existing headlights connectors and the existing connectors of the cables that used to go to the non-LED headlights
- guide the cables along the aluminium protection in the front (secure it with factory clips for a nice OEM look)
- guide the cables under the fender and go into the cabin through the designated hole in the car body (behind the lower part of fender that is closer to the driver’s door)

Inside of the car:

The control unit is located in a really difficult to get to location.

***Before you start and remove the control unit be sure you save all the existing coding from this unit (especially the channel 9 ones) and store them well. You will need them to code back the new control unit witch will be empty/blank after the installation is done.***

- remove the under the dash part (under the steering wheel)
- remove the interior plastic pieces from the door side in order to be able to remove the fuse holder.
- remove the fuse holder
- look deep inside under the dash and you will see the control unit sitting up there somewhere with the face (connectors) down.
- disconnect all the connector and remove the control unit.
- replace it, wire the extra wires (that come from the headlights) according to the manual specifications. (the manual will be provided for you including the coding instructions by Kufatec).
- put everything back in reverse order.

Put the car in ACC mode (contact on) (make sure the battery is connected to an external source of power), connect the VAS system and start coding the new control module.

After you code the unit you will have to remove the “component protection” - the Audi dealer will be able to do this.

Most of the coding is related to channel 9, but depending on your setup (headlights assisted camera, etc.) you will have to code different modules as well.

Once done with the coding and no errors remain please proceed to headlight adjustment with the Audi Headlight adjustment tools (this is called Basic setup at Audi’s).

Enjoy your new LED headlights!

Thanks!
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Audi Simple Styling (A6 saloon to RS6 facelift)