Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Automatic lock with smart key

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Automatic lock with smart key

My old cobra security system had automatic lock feature that locks car doors after 90 seconds when you get out of the car. I liked that feature. Can I set up my key fob doing similar?

Thanks
Old 05-16-2014, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Audi did away with that capability with the C7s. It will auto lock after a bit if you unlock a door and don't open it.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Audi did away with that capability with the C7s. It will auto lock after a bit if you unlock a door and don't open it.
Yes I know. But what I'm looking for is something lazier person like myself. :-) I like to park the car and then get out and walk away and wishing car lock by itself.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinsong
get out and walk away and wishing car lock by itself.
As I understand it the "wishing" part is supported by Audi, but the "lock by itself" part is not. I've not seen anything to suggest a hack exists to turn the wishing into locking
Old 05-16-2014, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
As I understand it the "wishing" part is supported by Audi, but the "lock by itself" part is not. I've not seen anything to suggest a hack exists to turn the wishing into locking
Old 05-17-2014, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Hmmm... mine does indeed autolock itself when I get out of the car. There is a MMI setting for that... unless the OP means something different.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally, I'd like to have the whole car lock itself when the fob gets 50 feet away, to include folding the mirrors. I find the time delay irrelevant, but distance locking would be sweet.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by billmac
Hmmm... mine does indeed autolock itself when I get out of the car. There is a MMI setting for that... unless the OP means something different.
Unless Audi changed something on 2014 C7 models, the only MMI related settings are auto locking when driving above 9mph and selective unlocking (driver only or all doors and trunk lid). If yours locks automatically when you exit and walk away from the car, it would be the first C7 I've heard that does this. (Other than it will autolock if you unlock from the outside and don't open the door as I mentioned previously).
Old 05-17-2014, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SQive
Personally, I'd like to have the whole car lock itself when the fob gets 50 feet away, to include folding the mirrors. I find the time delay irrelevant, but distance locking would be sweet.
That's what I'm looking for. My old cobra security system remote wasn't like a smart key which can sense the fob near the car.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by billmac
Would love for you to show us what you are talking about. I know know of any C7 that does this.

Quick Reply: Automatic lock with smart key