Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Bell Audi in Edison NJ *thumbs down*

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
Assuming what the OP said is true then this guy will have no case. As for the other comments, they are opinion and would not be considered defamation.

Let's not be scared of telling the truth.
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR
^ this.

The dealership would have to prove the allegations made are false. The OP would have his records as well as the statement from the manager in hopes of backing up his claim.

Classic case of finger pointing. Nothing more.
Perhaps, but the AW Forums should not be used to attack anyone by name even if deserved. It's ok to share experiences, good or bad, but like it or not, to make accusations directed at specific individuals and call them names here is not cool and is contrary to AW Forum policy.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Perhaps, but the AW Forums should not be used to attack anyone by name even if deserved. It's ok to share experiences, good or bad, but like it or not, to make accusations directed at specific individuals and call them names here is not cool and is contrary to AW Forum policy.
It's a shame it's against policy. I think this is the perfect place to air these things, much like Yelp. Maybe it will help those individuals and organizations do a better job. And maybe AoA should keep a tighter leash on dealerships, although as I understand it, it is very difficult to "fire" a dealership.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
It's a shame it's against policy. I think this is the perfect place to air these things, much like Yelp. Maybe it will help those individuals and organizations do a better job. And maybe AoA should keep a tighter leash on dealerships, although as I understand it, it is very difficult to "fire" a dealership.
As I wrote, airing these things is fine. Attacks and name calling of specific individuals is not.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Unbelievable. This morning I was assured the car was test driven and tested accordingly and the noise was gone. When I got to the dealership the SA and the manager had both "conveniently" left for the day at 3 PM haha. Was told the shocks were replaced but according to the sheet I got shock mounts were replaced. Car started making the same noise within 5 minutes of leaving the dealership.

Anyway I am just going to take it to the local Audi dealer whenever I get the chance. Bell Audi sucks simple as that and huge part of that was the SA Tejas Trivedi.

Like I said I have BMW and Lexus and most SA are very awesome people to work with. They make the service experience along with the techs. I just went to a new BMW dealership in Ridefield CT this week for service, BMW Of Ridgefield and my SA Steven Kazlauskas was awesome. First time meeting the guy and he made the experience very enjoyable. I was debating on a Q7 or a X5 and looks like BMW will be getting my repeat business and looks like Audi lost a sale due to Bell Audi service department.

Side note impressed with the A3. Even in the 1.8 form it has decent power to be a good commuter car. Gets 40 something MPG and very comfortable. Interior is tacky and pretty barebones but for a commuter car its perfect. Would take it over the CLA or 320i anyday.

Last edited by 335i; 08-14-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 335i
Unbelievable. This morning I was assured the car was test driven and tested accordingly and the noise was gone. When I got to the dealership the SA and the manager had both "conveniently" left for the day at 3 PM haha. Was told the shocks were replaced but according to the sheet I got shock mounts were replaced. Car started making the same noise within 5 minutes of leaving the dealership.

Anyway I am just going to take it to the local Audi dealer whenever I get the chance. Bell Audi sucks simple as that and huge part of that was the SA Tejas Trivedi.

Like I said I have BMW and Lexus and most SA are very awesome people to work with. They make the service experience along with the techs. I just went to a new BMW dealership in Ridefield CT this week for service, BMW Of Ridgefield and my SA Steven Kazlauskas was awesome. First time meeting the guy and he made the experience very enjoyable. I was debating on a Q7 or a X5 and looks like BMW will be getting my repeat business and looks like Audi lost a sale due to Bell Audi service department.

Side note impressed with the A3. Even in the 1.8 form it has decent power to be a good commuter car. Gets 40 something MPG and very comfortable. Interior is tacky and pretty barebones but for a commuter car its perfect. Would take it over the CLA or 320i anyday.
Not sure exactly where you are that it takes you that long to get to Edison, but I can recommend Knopf Audi in the Lehigh Valley as well as a good SA. I understand that much of the experience does involve the SA. I initially had one that was lacking, I switched to another who has been fantastic. Loaners are no problem and they are all new Audi's or Mercedes. I've never had one with more than 3k miles.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 335i
My friend just got a loaner 320i while his car was being serviced and I asked him what he thought of it. He said that he would rather push his M5 to work every day than drive this POS!
Old 08-15-2014, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
As I wrote, airing these things is fine. Attacks and name calling of specific individuals is not.
I agree. When hearing only one side of the story/issue it's best to stick with just the issue.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
I agree. When hearing only one side of the story/issue it's best to stick with just the issue.
I just want to say once more I totally disagree. I reread the original post, the most the OP says is this guy sucks. That seems like a reasonable comment to make and is the OPs opinion, I couldn't find any name calling, but maybe I missed it. I am curious why anyone would think this is a bad thing.

If I were an Audi dealer I would be reading or at least searching these forums and be ready to respond to any issues that were posted, nobody is stopping either the dealership or the individual from doing that.

Maybe I am missing something obvious, can someone point me to the ToS that the original post violates?

I found this Terms of Use but I don't see language in there that I would consider violated by the OP.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I honestly can't see any reason that the OP post should violate anything. If it were about my local dealership I would like to know the specifics, including names.

Name and shame can sometimes be a very powerful tool for the individual against an organization. Take the recent Comcast cancellation scandals as a great example. Where there are monopolies there will be poor service, and often a car dealership is a monopoly.

If I were the OP, I would be on Twitter talking about this dealership and including AoA in on it. I am tired of bad service from dealerships, and then them pressuring you into giving them perfect marks on surveys. Maybe Tesla has the right idea...
Old 08-17-2014, 06:05 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I agree, complaining here is "fine", but barking up the tree to Audi of America is the way to go.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:30 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

This is something that I've been harping on for a long time with Audi.. the cars themselves are fine, the dealerships are lovely and wonderful sales machines, but when it comes time for SERVICE after the sale, Audi is severely lacking in some areas. Whether it's the dealer's staff, or the inability for dealers and sometimes even Audi of America to fix or even acknowledge problems in some cases, it is incredibly frustrating for us as enthusiasts to constantly hear about these shortcomings on a nearly daily basis.

I have actually spoken with both Johan De Nysschen and Scott Keogh at some length about this, and both assured me that steps were being taken to correct this problem. We've seen lots of "goodwill" in the form of loaners and other nice things.. But there are still bad eggs out there. One quick glance at Audi's twitter feed will show that.

Part of the issue is that AOA is truly a sales and marketing arm of Audi, they have very little technical influence on the dealers. The other problem is that the dealers are ALL 100% independently owned, and therefore AOA has limited ability to monitor and follow day to day operations at the dealers.

I'll be 100% honest, I almost never go to an actual Audi dealer for any reason with a car that is not under warranty, and even when I do have to take a warranty issue to them, it is with a bit of trepidation. And that is with me knowing that they know who I am and what I do, and who I know. They know that if I get pissed off, I'll be on the phone to my contacts at Audi.

Hell, I even took a car that was OWNED BY AUDI for it's 15k service to a dealer, and left with some questions and concern that I was worked over, due to the dealer indicating that they checked the power steering fluid, on a car with electronic power steering. Little things like that cause you to question EVERYTHING else they do.

It's sad that it is this way, and yes, there are some phenomenal dealers out there, but it is my opinion that Audi Of America NEEDS to know EVERY bad experience, as well as the dealer's own management needs to know.

As an enthusiast and unofficial ambassador of the brand, it pains me to complain openly, but again, it is imperative that Audi hear complaints when they are warranted.

Quick Reply: Bell Audi in Edison NJ *thumbs down*