Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Bell Audi in Edison NJ *thumbs down*

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bell Audi in Edison NJ *thumbs down*

I bought my car at Bell Audi and its a hour and 45 min away from me. There is a Audi dealer literally 4 min away from me but they are pretty small and honestly have no idea about anything so I tend to avoid them.

My car has never needed any work done and only goes in for oil changes or the scheduled services. It is only driven maybe 3k-5k miles a year. Only once did a seat get replaced and that was when the car had under 1k miles and Bell managed to mess that up and I had to get AoA involved and make multiple trips for them to fix the issue.

So for a while I have been hearing a creaking noise going over bumps. Someone has to be sitting in the back to hear it otherwise its not audible.

So I scheduled a service appointment for Thursday evening to drop my car off for an oil change and to get the noise checked out there was a transmission issue I wanted checked out as well. I got stuck with a lame service advisor Tejas Trivedi and this guy flat out sucks. I don't know who hired him or why he's working for Audi, but I have BMW and Lexus cars in the family and have dealt with many dealerships and SA's and by far the worst SA ever is this guy. I was quoted one price for the oil change on the phone when I made the apt, the SA tells me a price double that. Then he thinks I am joking when I tell him the price I was quoted. He then says he will correct it but hasn't heard of that price before. LOL what?

I had scheduled weeks in advance and was guaranteed an Audi loaner. I go there at the time my appointment is to drop my car off and was told the only loaner car they have is a 09 A4. No worries I am not going to complain but this car was dirty inside and outside, many stains, dirty, damaged outside. I guess the girl giving me the car felt bad so she managed to come back with a Q5 that was equally as dirty inside but I was not going to complain. They tell me my car will be ready Monday and this was great because I was planning to go out of town anyway.

9 am Friday I got a call from this terrible SA Tejas Trivedi saying my car is done and they fixed all the issues. He also called at 4 other numbers I have listed asking me to return the loaner by the afternoon. I found that hard to believe as I had dropped off in the evening and I figured they probably just did an oil change. He tells me he knows everything is done but does not have the paperwork in front of him and then asks me to return the loaner car. I tell him I was told Monday is when I return it and I am out of town. He then tells me in a very annoying tone that he is going to "let it slide" that I must return it before 12 on Monday.

I go there Monday morning to retrieve my car. I drop the Q5 off and get the paperwork. It simply stated they performed an oil change and could not replicate any other issues and fixed a clip that was making the noise. I was skeptical but I was in a rush so I got my car and left the dealership. 5 min later the creaking/suspension noise was back and I pulled off to get gas and thats when I noticed a huge ding in the bumper. I called the dealership and they asked me to bring it in. The manager saw the ding and also went for a ride and confirmed its making noise. They wanted to keep it overnight and said they would repair the bumper. At this point I had driven a total of 110 miles and wasted $$ on tolls and gas for no reason.

I had to get another loaner car and was stuck with the same guy Tejas Trivedi to my disappointment. SA told me how I had cost him $55 for having the loaner for an extra day. I told him I was told to return it in on Monday and I live 220 miles roundtrip its not easy for me to drop everything and come running to the dealer. I also told him how he cost me my time, 1/4th tank of gas and $25 in tolls for telling me my car is ready when its not. Tejas Trivedi tells me to find another dealer. Fair enough I was thinking the same thing.

Magically all the loaners are gone. I was given a 1.8 A3 loaner that is disgusting on the inside, doesn't even have iPod player. I see a whole row of loaners parked outside and the Q5 I returned but SA insists he has nothing. Fair enough I just want my repair done.

They kept the car yesterday and this morning I get a call saying the shocks have been replaced and the ding has been fixed but won't be fixed 100%. I was told I need to bring in the loaner I have ASAP otherwise I will be charged $55. The car went in there in 100% condition, its barely driven, never driven to the city and the ding was not there. Tejas Trivedi tells me he can't do anything more. I ask to speak to the manager he tells me he's not here. I hang up and call and ask the girl at the desk if the manager is there she goes he's here until 6. I left him a message.

Anyway avoid this dealer for service and avoid Tejas Trivedi who was my SA. This guy sucks and should be working in the back washing cars instead of dealing with customers because a 3 year old has more people skills than this guy.

Last edited by 335i; 08-14-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

The Audi dealer that is 4 min away is starting to look pretty good!
Old 08-14-2014, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

It's a good idea do avoid using people's names in posts like this. There have been cases of successful actions taken as a result of online defamation.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Good advice from snagitseven,
That being said, I have empathy for the OP. His terrible experience makes me appreciate the great experiences I have had with my Audi dealer even more.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be sure to leave proper feedback on the survey!
Old 08-14-2014, 07:23 AM
Banned

Seems to be very common. I had a similar experience with Biener Audi in Great Neck, NY, except they wouldn't fix my bumper and I didn't get an Audi loaner, just a lousy Hyundai Accent rental.

Lynbrook Audi was much better, and if I still had the A6 or ever decide to buy another Audi, I'll go there first, even if they are further away.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Call AoA right now.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
It's a good idea do avoid using people's names in posts like this. There have been cases of successful actions taken as a result of online defamation.
Assuming what the OP said is true then this guy will have no case. As for the other comments, they are opinion and would not be considered defamation.

Let's not be scared of telling the truth.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
Assuming what the OP said is true then this guy will have no case. As for the other comments, they are opinion and would not be considered defamation.

Let's not be scared of telling the truth.
^ this.

The dealership would have to prove the allegations made are false. The OP would have his records as well as the statement from the manager in hopes of backing up his claim.

Classic case of finger pointing. Nothing more.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Bell Audi... No questions about it. I have had multiple bad experiences with them. I don't understand how they can sustain their business treating their customers like ****. I live 2 minutes from them and i bought my brand new A6 from another Audi dealer. Don't see myself going to Bell for whatever the reason is. Nothing much you can do but to move on. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Bell Audi in Edison NJ *thumbs down*