Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Bosch TDI Settlement

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Did you car have a former owner?
No, we bought it new. Unless of course you count the dealer.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tutone
Exact thing happened to me today and I called the hotline as well. The lady I spoke with said I got $750 because a former owner must have filed a claim, too. Interestingly, I will be receiving the FULL amount from VW. I stated that to her explaining that it made no sense to receive a full VW payout because no former owner had submitted a claim yet somehow a former owner decide to file with Bosch?!? The Bosch website does clearly state that the payout will be split if more than one owner files a claim. I just find it highly unlikely that a former owner didn't get his or her act together to file with VW. I, too, was promised a call back in a few days after my file is reviewed. I explicitly asked for the name of the former owner as I think they're trying to cheat.
Could you post the number, I am away from my paperwork. Thanks
Old 09-20-2017, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

This is all very strange. I have not received my Bosch check yet. I guess it will be for $750
Old 09-20-2017, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
Could you post the number, I am away from my paperwork. Thanks
844-305-1928
Old 09-20-2017, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Received check for $750 yesterday. Spoke with representative who stated after looking up name/claim that I should have received $1500, and I was one of several who called with the same issue. As with others, she told me that she would speak with someone who would get back to me in 3 days. She suggested that I hold off cashing; I may cash anyway as the release relates to terms of agreement, which clearly states $1500. Those responsible for the language on the check could have saved this headache by stating something to effect that amount represents half of settlement.

Also, emailed my questions to address on Bosch page. Contact info is below (as well as link to Bosch settlement page):

info@BoschVWSettlement.com

phoneIcon Call Us:

1-844-305-1928 (Toll-Free)
Call Center Hours: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. EST
Monday - Friday except Holidays

writeIcon Write Us:

Bosch Settlement
Claims Administrator
P.O. Box 5110
Portland, OR 97208-5110

phoneIcon Fax Us:

1-844-760-8029

https://www.boschvwsettlement.com/en/Home/FAQ
Old 09-20-2017, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Lots of discussion of "half" payments in this thread:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...yment-2930292/

But as I noted there:

Item 11 of the FAQ's on the Bosch settlement website stipulates the payouts to all owners/former owners/lessees, followed by the following:

"The entire Bosch Settlement fund, plus any interest, will be distributed over the course of the settlement process through a combination of one or more payments to Bosch Settlement Class Members."

I received my $750 today and based on the above, I have no qualms about cashing it and will do so, with full expectation I will receive the remaining $750 (plus interest??) at a later date.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by audi40
Lots of discussion of "half" payments in this thread:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...yment-2930292/

But as I noted there:

Item 11 of the FAQ's on the Bosch settlement website stipulates the payouts to all owners/former owners/lessees, followed by the following:

"The entire Bosch Settlement fund, plus any interest, will be distributed over the course of the settlement process through a combination of one or more payments to Bosch Settlement Class Members."

I received my $750 today and based on the above, I have no qualms about cashing it and will do so, with full expectation I will receive the remaining $750 (plus interest??) at a later date.

Perhaps Bosch is paying in two installments but they have not made that clear as did VW. "What we've got here is failure to communicate."
Old 09-20-2017, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by tutone
Perhaps Bosch is paying in two installments but they have not made that clear as did VW. "What we've got here is failure to communicate."

+1
Precisely. Communication skills leave much to be desired...they really Bosched, er botched this up.....
Old 09-21-2017, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I too got $750 today with wording in the letter and on the check that by signing and depositing I release Bosch form the Claims set for the the Bosch Settlement. I called the number and a nice young girl helped me. All she had done all day was answer similar calls and she indicated that she had filed a case review and I would be called back in several days. She agreed I should have gotten $1500 and also agreed that the wording was suspect. Oh my.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by davidglt66
I too got $750 today with wording in the letter and on the check that by signing and depositing I release Bosch form the Claims set for the the Bosch Settlement. I called the number and a nice young girl helped me. All she had done all day was answer similar calls and she indicated that she had filed a case review and I would be called back in several days. She agreed I should have gotten $1500 and also agreed that the wording was suspect. Oh my.
Given how the payout has been handled so far maybe it's not surprising that answers aren't consistent when we call Bosch:

Originally Posted by A7_TDI
I called to clarify and was told Bosch had option of paying out the settlement in one or more payments. Essentially this: "The entire Bosch Settlement fund, plus any interest, will be distributed over the course of the settlement process through a combination of one or more payments to Bosch Settlement Class members..."

As posted here: https://www.boschvwsettlement.com/en/Home/FAQ#faq11

In the court document (I'm not a lawyer) it seems to be described on page 15 (section 4.3) of https://www.boschvwsettlement.com/Co...0Agreement.pdf

Quick Reply: Bosch TDI Settlement