AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   Bugs: engine start button cuts me, and back camera no red? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/bugs-engine-start-button-cuts-me-back-camera-no-red-2888704/)

jjcuff1 09-06-2015 05:47 AM

Bugs: engine start button cuts me, and back camera no red?

I am taking car in for service but weird quirks

I have camera fixed already but it is seems very spotty. It is slow to come one have to wait 5+sec for screen to not be blank

Sometimes once back into park or drive screen flickers and goes purple

And all the time there is no longer red. So red looks brown or black it is unsafe since you do not see brakes lights on other cars in the camera

And weird one: my engine start button is chipping. The small v shape by the letter n has peeled off and now the shar edged left cuts my finger (draws blood) on several occasions

Any alternative button from other series?

snagitseven 09-06-2015 06:05 AM

How many miles on your A6? Is it still under the OEM warranty? Did you buy it from an Audi dealer? Is it a CPO? If so, these issues should be covered.

Sounds like the camera was not fixed. Have the dealer fix it properly this time.
Question: how do you see other car's brake lights with the rear camera? Are you driving backwards?

BTW, it would be helpful to those trying to help if you would include your model year, trim, etc. in your sig.

jjcuff1 09-06-2015 07:34 AM

When I back out of a spot in reverse and others are behind me saying just pulling into opposite spot or stopped parked and on brakes I realized that the red was out. They were on brakes but camera just showed them as dark red. They were getting ready to back up and white lite came on but still get uneasy I am missing red color

Yes cpo 29k miles 2013 a6 prestige s line 3.0t

dicktahoe 09-06-2015 07:45 AM

I have the same car: 27k miles 2013 a6 prestige s line 3.0t. The first "N" on my car started chipping, so I pulled the little v-section off. Now the second "N" in ENGINE is starting to do the same thing.

tenspeed 09-06-2015 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by jjcuff1 (Post 24721706)
Any alternative button from other series?

Ebay has a S6 start button for ~$130. You can save $20 with the A6 button but the red ring looks sexy. Try sticking a circle of paint protective film on the face of the new button.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-A6-S6-Ignition-Start-Stop-Button-Red-Switch-4G1905217D-Chrome-Genuine-New-/321721015313?hash=item4ae8111c11&vxp=mtr

snagitseven 09-06-2015 03:07 PM

Why pay for a new button? The car is still under manf. warranty. If it's cutting a finger, that's not just cosmetic and should be covered. Same with the rear camera.

tenspeed 09-07-2015 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24721821)
Why pay for a new button? The car is still under manf. warranty. If it's cutting a finger, that's not just cosmetic and should be covered. Same with the rear camera.

:o did I mention that the red ring looks sexy? :rolleyes:

snagitseven 09-07-2015 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by tenspeed (Post 24722077)
:o did I mention that the red ring looks sexy? :rolleyes:

I thought he couldn't get red on the rear camera. :)

John Simcox 09-08-2015 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by dicktahoe (Post 24721730)
I have the same car: 27k miles 2013 a6 prestige s line 3.0t. The first "N" on my car started chipping, so I pulled the little v-section off. Now the second "N" in ENGINE is starting to do the same thing.

On my old (pre-facelift) car I "lost" the infill in the A of start and also part of the N as described. I have notice on my new (facelift) car that the letters have been modified so that the infill in the A is no longer separate but now connected to the rest by a small connection through the one of the long diagonals of the A and likewise the two triangles in the N ar connected to each other through the diagonal line. The fact that Audi changed the design must mean it was a common issue