Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Busted light warning

Old 01-07-2014, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Busted light warning

Got my new A6 a month ago and have been loving everything about it until yesterday after work, when I noticed a warning on the dash about a busted left turn signal/brake light/rear light. Checked the rear lights and saw that the turn signal & brake light were actually working fine. Today morning when I started the car in my garage, the warning was gone. But this evening it came back after I started the car (was parked outside in the polar weather we've had) and again the lights were actually working fine
Has anyone had this issue ? I hate to be taking the car to service shop a month after buying it but will do tomorrow :-(
Attached Images  
Old 01-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Got the same warning today. I'm DC and it's been unusually cold as well. I've been sending pics of random issues like this to audicare@audi.com. If u send email documenting the issue and attach pic they will open up a trouble ticket and keep it on file. They will also notify your dealership so when you bring your car in you won't show them what the problem is. I've sent a few things in. I plan on dropping off car next week to address all my issues With respect this issue, I'm not sure if it's a one off thing since it's super cold although Audi builds for winter climate.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. This morning car did not show any warnings. Car was out all day and no warnings after work.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I literally had this same exactl issue a few hours ago. It happened on startup. I was able to turn the car off, and back on, and it didn't reappear. It was about 5 degrees out. Glad I'm not the only one, but it seems these vehicles have an issue.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm kinda glad to know that it is not an isolated issue. I did send an email to audicare. Maybe I will not rush to the dealer tomorrow but instead wait for a reply from Audi instead. Maybe it's a software fix needed from Audi ?
Old 01-07-2014, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Same issue. I mentioned it to dealer but they were not aware of any service bulletins. Interesting that it seems to be the left taillight/marker and it does reset after restarting.

Also had problem with being unable to open door from inside..only once.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is this isolated to 2014's or has older models experience the same warning?
Old 01-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in San Diego and we are experiencing a lot of cold as well, at night we go all the way down to the 60s, it is freezing!!!!!!
Well now that you are mad at me, let me explain that I like to go to the mountains every year to ski, and my Porsche cayenne does this really weird things at cold temperature, warnings and ghost alerts.
As far as I know with cold temperatures sensors become more sensitive, it could be just a glitch due to the unusual cold.
There is a way to fix it, park the car, pack your bags and come south and don't come back until May (you know you want to)
Old 01-08-2014, 03:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Kind of crazy. This issue along with green hazing in my camera system, side assist system turning odd whenever it wants....I'm going to the dealer next week. I know they will check everything and say its fine. Luckily I have taken pics like OP and some videos too.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Banned

I think Miwung's idea is great, especially with something that might be difficult to duplicate when you take it in to the dealer.

Good thinking, Miwung!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Busted light warning