Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Buying a6 prestige soon

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 04:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a6 prestige soon

Went to checkered flag audi today and finally got to look at the a6 up close and sit in one. Absolutely loved it! It was a premium with nav drivers assist and 19" sport package. It was so clean inside and everything seemed to be well thought out. In a couple weeks I'll be trying to find Garnett red, prestige, innovation and 20 inch sport package.

I'm currently driving an 08 Shelby gt500 vert and an Acura tl 05, so this will be a sweet change of pace since the Shelby has been my daily driver for about a year now.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the soon to be purchase. Nice color choice; not too many here on AW, and I have yet to see that color IRL. Just be on the look out for the MY'13, as the LED lights are no longer included in the innovation package, but instead a seperate option.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Blackz06
Congrats on the soon to be purchase. Nice color choice; not too many here on AW, and I have yet to see that color IRL. Just be on the look out for the MY'13, as the LED lights are no longer included in the innovation package, but instead a seperate option.
Thanks for that info. The full LEDs are a must for me, so that makes me want a '12 even more. This weekend I might go talk numbers a bit and start planning when to purchase.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jay,

Your choice in color, model and options is exactly what I have except I have the B&O sound system. I have pictures posted in my garage if you are interested. Love this color but it was difficult to find with model and options I was wanting. Good luck in your search.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaybanks9
Thanks for that info. The full LEDs are a must for me, so that makes me want a '12 even more. This weekend I might go talk numbers a bit and start planning when to purchase.
Finding a 2012 in the color and option set you want will be challenging right now as they are winding down for the 2013's. While the LEDs are not included in the Innovation pkg for 2013, the new 360 degree camera feature is and the LEDs are still available as a separate option.

I gave up trying to find a 2012 with what I wanted and ordered a 2013 Prestige Quartz Gray, Driver Assist pkg, LED, Cold Weather, B&O and 19" Sport. Should be here by mid-August.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Went to go test drive the A6 and A7 a few days ago. Both models drove near identical and interiors are practically exact. Probably couldn't tell which car was which if I was blind folded into the car and let to drive. While I enjoyed the interior and gadgets, I still prefer the styling of the A7 but can't justify the premium over the A6.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jr'sAudiA6
Jay,

Your choice in color, model and options is exactly what I have except I have the B&O sound system. I have pictures posted in my garage if you are interested. Love this color but it was difficult to find with model and options I was wanting. Good luck in your search.
I went today and ended up falling in love with the moonlight blue a7, but want the a6. I had them look around.. I switched to prestige, driver innovation, 20 sport package and LEDs. They found it and called the dealer, but someone else was at that dealer checking it out. Now I have to wait till Monday and pray they didn't buy it. Only good thing is I feel like Christmas is two days away and I'm waiting to see if Santa dropped off what I wanted.

There was a Garnett red prestige with layered oak but no LEDs. I seriously considered it. Only problem is the headlights are what made me need this car over the other choices out there.

Wish me luck and I promise pics when I find one!
Old 06-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

On the 2013 the LED headlights are $1,400 MSRP $1,302 invoice. That seems like a lot to pay for LED over Xenon although I would prefer the former.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skipper2
On the 2013 the LED headlights are $1,400 MSRP $1,302 invoice. That seems like a lot to pay for LED over Xenon although I would prefer the former.
I've had them all and the LEDs are a different world and worth the price unless you only drive during daylight.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the info. You really notice a difference over the Xenon? With the LEDs they are not adaptive (ie turn when you turn the steering wheel) right? Also the A6 does not have front fog lights correct?

Quick Reply: Buying a6 prestige soon