Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

C7 Wipers always in ready position

Old 03-15-2018, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C7 Wipers always in ready position

I've done searches but all the results tend to be about the B6 platform. Anyway I've got a B8.5 S4 that I'm looking at trading for a A6/7 C7. I came across a prestige very well equipped A7 in my price range but noticed the wipers are in the ready position and do not return to the park position below the bonnet. Last night I went in and negotiated a reduced price for the car and told them that if they fixed the wipers and a couple other items that I'd take the deal. They got back to me today and said that they couldn't do it due to the items I requested their service dept to handle. Now I know the prices of the other items but I don't know the potential cost of the wiper fix and they haven't gotten back to me about it yet. Has anyone in a C7 experienced this? If so what was the fix and cost?
Old 03-16-2018, 01:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 174 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer_1
I've done searches but all the results tend to be about the B6 platform. Anyway I've got a B8.5 S4 that I'm looking at trading for a A6/7 C7. I came across a prestige very well equipped A7 in my price range but noticed the wipers are in the ready position and do not return to the park position below the bonnet. Last night I went in and negotiated a reduced price for the car and told them that if they fixed the wipers and a couple other items that I'd take the deal. They got back to me today and said that they couldn't do it due to the items I requested their service dept to handle. Now I know the prices of the other items but I don't know the potential cost of the wiper fix and they haven't gotten back to me about it yet. Has anyone in a C7 experienced this? If so what was the fix and cost?
May be a market related thing (ie US vs UK/Europe) but on my (UK) car the wipers are always below the bonnet line, even if they are in "rain sensor" mode
Old 03-16-2018, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by John Simcox
May be a market related thing (ie US vs UK/Europe) but on my (UK) car the wipers are always below the bonnet line, even if they are in "rain sensor" mode
Its almost like posting your location is important?
Old 03-16-2018, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 174 Likes on 154 Posts

Assumed OP was in the US due to the use of the term Prestige which I think is a trim level only used in the US
Old 03-16-2018, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by John Simcox
Assumed OP was in the US due to the use of the term Prestige which I think is a trim level only used in the US
You could be correct but most of us don’t know the models available in Egypt and the OP didn’t state that he is not in Egypt.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

With late model Audis and VWs ( I am sure other brands as well), the wiper blades are moved to the ready position when the car/engine is turned off. This helps to extend the life of the rubber blades so they do not take a "set" in the wrong angle. When the car is started and the wipers are not in the on position, the wiper blades move to the lower position until the engines is turned off or the wipers are being used (one can hear a slight "clunk" when the car starts moving). This was the case with my 2012 VW Touareg, our current 2016 Audi A6 and current 2016 VW Golf.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Fahrer
With late model Audis and VWs ( I am sure other brands as well), the wiper blades are moved to the ready position when the car/engine is turned off. This helps to extend the life of the rubber blades so they do not take a "set" in the wrong angle. When the car is started and the wipers are not in the on position, the wiper blades move to the lower position until the engines is turned off or the wipers are being used (one can hear a slight "clunk" when the car starts moving). This was the case with my 2012 VW Touareg, our current 2016 Audi A6 and current 2016 VW Golf.
Not the case with my 2013 US A6. C7. They only enter the service position if done manually in the MMI. Was same with my 2009 A4.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Not the case with my 2013 US A6. C7. They only enter the service position if done manually in the MMI. Was same with my 2009 A4.
I don't think the op is referring to the service position.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Fahrer
I don't think the op is referring to the service position.
Yeah, I meant the "ready" position. Mine are always positioned in the lowest, stowed position until needed for wiping either in manual or auto wipe mode.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Yeah, I meant the "ready" position. Mine are always positioned in the lowest, stowed position until needed for wiping either in manual or auto wipe mode.
Perhaps they made design change in the last few years but on my VW and Audi ( also the 2012 Touareg) the blades are parked about and inch or two above the fully stowed position when the car is parked and the engine is off. They are fully stowed when the car is started and underway unless the wipers are in auto mode or in intermittent mode. In these cases the blades are, again, are parked up about an inch or so ( ready mode?). Sometimes you can see or hear them move after starting and moving the car. This feature extends the life of the blades and reduces skipping as the blades age.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 Wipers always in ready position