Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Walkthrough of MMI Version K0814 (latest 02/2016)

Old 02-07-2016, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkthrough of MMI Version K0814 (latest 02/2016)

I wanted to practice recording and editing youtube videos, so I thought I'd pick this subject to practice.

I did a walkthrough of MMI Version K0814 which should be the latest version for the C7.

feedback welcome
Old 02-08-2016, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice video. Thank you for posting.

At 1:35 it looks like you are scrolling left/right on the navigation map. If that is what you are doing, how is that done? I definitely miss map scrolling - my last car had a touch screen and scrolling was easy but I have yet to figure it out on my new A6.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job -- thank you for posting. Volume is low throughout -- hard to hear what you're saying in many places. Are you using the Audi Connect data stream or are you tethered to your smartphone (I assume you're using Audi Connect because if you weren't, the dealer wouldn't have done the data connection hardware replacement)? Do you know why you're only getting 3G data after the module was replaced?

The MMI update is easy to get from a dealer if you supply one of the "known" triggers that will cause the dealer to do the work under warranty or a TSB, etc. On the A6, IIRC one of the "known" complaints is that the radio is making popping noises. The update is also available inexpensively (like under $15) by purchasing the disc from a place like ECStuning.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by lardog
Nice video. Thank you for posting.

At 1:35 it looks like you are scrolling left/right on the navigation map. If that is what you are doing, how is that done? I definitely miss map scrolling - my last car had a touch screen and scrolling was easy but I have yet to figure it out on my new A6.
Scrolling. Simple. You press the center controller then move your finger on the touch pad. Hold at an edge to scroll further in any direction. Press the Return button to exit scrolling mode. Read the manual - lots of useful stuff in there.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by spoon2000
Do you know why you're only getting 3G data after the module was replaced?
The modem update for MY2012/2013 doesn't add 4G LTE. It only adds the missing 3G freq bands that T-Mobile has changed to in certain areas and already found in MY2014/2015. Only MY2016+ has AT&T LTE.
Note that the MMI will also be updated to 0814 along with the modem update if not already there.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice job -- thank you for posting. Volume is low throughout -- hard to hear what you're saying in many places. Are you using the Audi Connect data stream or are you tethered to your smartphone (I assume you're using Audi Connect because if you weren't, the dealer wouldn't have done the data connection hardware replacement)? Do you know why you're only getting 3G data after the module was replaced?

The MMI update is easy to get from a dealer if you supply one of the "known" triggers that will cause the dealer to do the work under warranty or a TSB, etc. On the A6, IIRC one of the "known" complaints is that the radio is making popping noises. The update is also available inexpensively (like under $15) by purchasing the disc from a place like ECStuning.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try using a mic next time.

I meant to say 3G not 4G. That was a mistake.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Could you drop a link to a MMI upgrade disc? I looked all over ECS and found many neat products but no MMI update disc. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2016, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Could you drop a link to a MMI upgrade disc? I looked all over ECS and found many neat products but no MMI update disc. Thanks!
North American MY2012-15 C7 MMI (and nav map) updates at this point can only be done by the dealer. This appears to be changing with the new MMI found in MY2016 where an owner will be able to download an update to a flash drive and install on their own, same as now with nav map updates.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the help on scrolling. Works well.

I just updated my MY16 with the new map. No downloading to a flash needed. The car just told me a new map was available and asked if I wanted it. I said yes, and about 1 1/4 hrs later it was installed. Couldn't be easier.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default MMI update cd

Originally Posted by snagitseven
North American MY2012-15 C7 MMI (and nav map) updates at this point can only be done by the dealer. This appears to be changing with the new MMI found in MY2016 where an owner will be able to download an update to a flash drive and install on their own, same as now with nav map updates.
You can get the 712 version from ECS tuning. Haven't found 814.... if anyone has luck, please post. Searching on ECS is unfurtunately not that great

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Walkthrough of MMI Version K0814 (latest 02/2016)