Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Cold Temperature Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 05:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recall seeing a post on this forum with a youtube clip showing the led drl flickering between white and turn signal. I can't help but wonder if the LED headlights are throwing an error, and perhaps it's because they are doing what was recorded in that video.

If anyone gets that warning, keep everything on and check the drl for a flickering turn signal.

The logic I have is... the front turn signal is twitching and the fault code is catching that the rear turn signal lights are not activating with the fronts.

It's a long shot. But I always win big on my bets.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by in2dwww
I recall seeing a post on this forum with a youtube clip showing the led drl flickering between white and turn signal. I can't help but wonder if the LED headlights are throwing an error, and perhaps it's because they are doing what was recorded in that video.

If anyone gets that warning, keep everything on and check the drl for a flickering turn signal.

The logic I have is... the front turn signal is twitching and the fault code is catching that the rear turn signal lights are not activating with the fronts.

It's a long shot. But I always win big on my bets.
I found the post:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ht=led+flicker
Old 01-29-2014, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have gotten the "left read brake/turn signal/tail light out" warning three times in the cold and I don't have LED headlights - I wish I did but I don't. So having LED headlights isn't part of the problem.
The dealer was able to reproduce the error and the Audi Techline told them to clean all the wire connections & see if it comes back. My car is sitting at the airport in Boston where is cold so I expect the error when I get back but we'll see.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just got the "left read brake/turn signal/tail light out" warning again after two weeks of no warnings. I'm going back to the dealer in the morning to see what is next.
Has anyone else been to the dealer for this issue? What did they do?
Old 02-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My car (2014 TDI)has been at dealer for two weeks with a few random electrical issues including tail light error. I was told that there was a batch of bad rear tail lights that causes errors when temps drop. Audi tech line told the dealer the error usually happens below 30F. The dealer ordered new lights and they ended being from the same batch, now, waiting for a new set. Meanwhile there's other issues like green hazing on the screen when park assist is on with all 4 cameras. The dealer said it was "normal". I called BS, since I haven't seem anybody complain about it here and couldn't find any info anywhere else.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by miwung
Meanwhile there's other issues like green hazing on the screen when park assist is on with all 4 cameras. The dealer said it was "normal". I called BS, since I haven't seem anybody complain about it here and couldn't find any info anywhere else.
I have the green hazing. Going to the dealer on the 20th for it. They're telling me it may not be covered under warranty if it turns out that they were damaged by "an external force". I told them if it isn't then they could call over the Used car manager to appraise the car. If Audi won't stand behind their vehicles, I'm going back to BMW.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

wow. I took videos and photos of it because they didn't believe at first. I actually took pictures of every electrical malfunction warning I've been seeing. I made sure all of it was documented in the dealer service system plus wrote a long email to Audi Care documenting each issue with videos and photos. I got a confirmation from Audi Care that my ticket will remain open until all issues are resolved.

I couldn't believe the service manager told me that the green hazing is normal. I've had three other cars with the same kind park system and never had an issue.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Could be weather, although it has survived colder temps without any issues, but yesterday on a brisk 24 degrees or so morning I took a right turn and instantly got a warning sign that ACC and brake guard or some such feature were disabled. About 5 minutes later I manually cycled the ACC off and then back on and all seemed back to normal. Will note it for my 15k service.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
I have the green hazing. Going to the dealer on the 20th for it. They're telling me it may not be covered under warranty if it turns out that they were damaged by "an external force". I told them if it isn't then they could call over the Used car manager to appraise the car. If Audi won't stand behind their vehicles, I'm going back to BMW.
Because an "external force" walked around your car hitting all 4 cameras? Sometimes the stuff that comes out of dealers mouths is ridiculous. Unfortunately, BMW dealers on a whole aren't any better than Audi. It usually comes down to your personal relationship with them more than anything.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
Because an "external force" walked around your car hitting all 4 cameras? Sometimes the stuff that comes out of dealers mouths is ridiculous. Unfortunately, BMW dealers on a whole aren't any better than Audi. It usually comes down to your personal relationship with them more than anything.
The front one I could see being damaged by a bumper parker, but the other 3, no way.

Quick Reply: Cold Temperature Issues